For those who have wondered where I had gotten to, or why I hadn't been posting much (read: at all) there's a reasonable explanation. A few months ago I made the decision to run away from the circus that is yachting and gallivanting around St. Barts...
Servers & Storage - Features
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating inse...
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing ...
As SSDs become more common, you'll also hear more about Non-Volatile Memory Express, a.k.a. NVM Express, or more commonly--NVMe. NVMe is a communications interface/protocol developed specially for SSDs by a consortium of vendors including Intel, Sams...
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
If you're anything like us, you've probably left your Christmas shopping until the last minute. Perhaps you're too busy at work, maybe you've forgotten that Christmas is the time of giving, or maybe you just haven't found the right gift yet. That's w...
WD's new two-in-one drive comes in a retail kit that's extravagant as far as hard drive packaging is concerned.
For many customers, selecting an internal storage device often means having to make the choice between a solid state drive and a hard drive. This can lead to compromises: if they want speed, they will forego capacity; if they want capacity, they will...
The storage market is a highly competitive and, at times, complicated space for the enterprise with plenty of choice and a vast array of products. That can make finding the right solution difficult.
Ultra slim hard drives have been released by both Seagate and WD this year in a bid to allow tablet and notebook manufacturers to create thinner products with more built-in storage space. Whether or not manufacturers harness these new drives to creat...
Stuck for what to get dad this Father’s Day? Here some products that we think any dad will love.
There are more than a few critics of cloud computing, even at PCWorld; I'm probably one of them. But I've been turning over in my mind different perspectives on the cloud. I've tried to set aside the views of the IT executive, who seems to dominate t...
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
If you have a PC, chances are it runs too slowly for your tastes. Over time, your computer slows down due to all the virtual junk that accumulates in there.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD