WD today announced its densest 3D NAND -- a 64-layer product that it plans to begin shipping later this year.
Servers & Storage
QNAP's TS-251A NAS has the ability to output video directly to an external 1080 display and is a great media streamer. The advertised on-the-fly 4K transcoding, on the other hand, proved to be weak.
Synology's DS216play NAS is a middling performer, but there's no better NAS box available for media streaming and 4K transcoding.
For a NAS box with a boatload of software features and top-notch performance, the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra is amazingly affordable.
Zyxel's NAS220 is an affordable NAS box with good streaming and backup features, but it's a bit less refined than mainstream users would want.
With a boatload of pro features and excellent performance, this is a box better suited for the small office than the home, but it streams as smoothly as any of its rivals.
Seagate's Personal Cloud 3TB NAS is only a single-bay NAS, but $140 for 3TB of storage and advanced software features is a steal.
TerraMaster's FS-220 is relatively new to the NAS category, but it's a great performer with a promising interface.
Western Digital has developed a monstrous 14TB hard drive that is now shipping for testing to customers.
Time to add SSDs to your hoarding list. Citing a transition in technology and increased demand, NAND prices are expected to begin heading north next year, analysts say.
There's a lot of excitement about Intel's superfast Optane SSDs, but products won't be on shelves this year as the chipmaker had earlier promised.
Looking for an SSD that's fast and looks good through a case window? Stop your search because the Plextor M8Pe could be your answer.
We were amazed when Lexar provided us with a super-fast 200GB, corn-flake sized MicroSD card back in June but now here’s Kingston with 256GB!
You probably can't fit it in your pocket, but Seagate's 5TB portable hard drive won't weight down your backpack either.
Fleshing out the middle of the company's SSD lineup, Toshiba/OCZ's VX500 offers the solid overall performance of MLC NAND at an affordable price.
These are the top rated storage products we've tested in the last year.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- CCIT Support TechnicianNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)WA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- TPJunior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW