Has the new edition of AVG, your beloved free antivirus tool, slowed your system to a crawl? Is the sound missing from your favorite time-wasting YouTube videos?
The internet of today scarcely seems the same entity as the web of just a couple of years ago. Ground-breaking tools for blogging, commenting, embedding video, sharing and championing content via sites such as Digg have turned the web upside down.
In the world of comic books, every bad guy is an evil genius. On the Web, hackers, spammers, and phishers may be evil, but they're not required to be geniuses. They can make a healthy living just by exploiting known security holes that many users hav...
There are many aspects to web security. You can hardly move for apps that automate online protection and safeguard your identity, for instance. But one area that gets less attention is IP-address tracing.
Are you worried about malware and spyware plaguing your system? I have a cool, free tool that gives you an extra layer of defense when you're Web surfing. I also have two free utilities that can lock up and hide your sensitive folders and keep them f...
Howard Schmidt was reluctant to hop on the social networking bandwagon - a byproduct, he says, of the paranoia he internalises as a security professional. Eventually, though, Schmidt - the one-time cybersecurity adviser to President Bush and itineran...
Browse the mobile Web in safety
True or false, the information people find about you on the Web can have a big impact on your life. Here are five techniques to make sure that what people read about you is good (or at least true).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- A critical flaw in Symantec antivirus engine puts computers at risk of easy hacking
- Malware attacks on two banks have links with 2014 Sony Pictures hack
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
- New USB-C authentication spec protects against malware and shoddy chargers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC