There's never been a better time to give Linux a try on your PC. Here's why.
Microsoft has elaborated on the new patching policy for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that takes effect on Tuesday.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI has issued a plea for those who have been hit by ransomware to report this to federal law enforcement so that the country can get a better sense of just how bad this problem really is.
Cyber criminals are stealing user's login credentials for popular online streaming service, Netflix, in an attempt to steal banking information, according to recent research by Symantec.
LG has patched a security flaw in an application preinstalled on millions of its Android G3 smartphones that researchers found could be used to steal a variety of data.
Trend Micro has launched an initiative to help protect users from potential security threats during the FIFA World Cup that begins on 12 June.
Trend Micro has launched free Heartbleed scanners for PC and Android devices.
McAfee has released a free version of its mobile security app.
Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security can help you keep your entire digital life safe from harmful viruses and privacy threats.
Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security 2013 is an all-encompassing security suite for PCs and Android devices. It can protect against viruses, spyware and other Web threats, in addition to providing a few extra features such as parental controls, cloud storage and password management. It builds on the 2012 version by incorporating social networking protection, data theft prevention and Facebook profile privacy checking.
If you use your mobile device to browse many Web sites that require a username and password, keeping track of all those credentials, as well as entering them each time you want to use them, can be a pian. Letting the Web browser remember the details for them can be a security risk, too. Trend Micro's DirectPass app aims to be a central and secure repository for all those credentials, so you won't have to keep entering them each time you visit those sites
An all-around solid defender and efficient performer, Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2012 (AU$89 for one year and three PCs as of 7 May, 2012) has a slick, user-friendly interface and solid malware detection and removal capabilities.
As well as the anti-virus, identity protection, parental control and firewall modules in Norton Internet Security 2012, Norton 360 v6 includes PC tuning and online backup.
Bitdefender is a Romanian company which has been making Windows anti-virus software since 2001. After an over-zealous makeover last year, the company now claims it has 'the sharp mind of the wolf and the sleekness of the dragon, the vigilance of the alpha-male and the indestructibility of the snake's body'. It writes software.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- LG patches data theft bug affecting millions of Android phones
- Trend Micro defends World Cup fans from cyber attacks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTField Hardware Deployment EngineerNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- FTSenior Change Readiness ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTelco Program ManagerVIC
- FTWeb User Interface Developer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTData Centre Technical SpecialistACT
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTSystems AnalystsACT
- TPNode JS DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- FTUX DesignerNSW