Cyber criminals are stealing user's login credentials for popular online streaming service, Netflix, in an attempt to steal banking information, according to recent research by Symantec.
LG has patched a security flaw in an application preinstalled on millions of its Android G3 smartphones that researchers found could be used to steal a variety of data.
Trend Micro has launched an initiative to help protect users from potential security threats during the FIFA World Cup that begins on 12 June.
Trend Micro has launched free Heartbleed scanners for PC and Android devices.
McAfee has released a free version of its mobile security app.
Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security can help you keep your entire digital life safe from harmful viruses and privacy threats.
Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security 2013 is an all-encompassing security suite for PCs and Android devices. It can protect against viruses, spyware and other Web threats, in addition to providing a few extra features such as parental controls, cloud storage and password management. It builds on the 2012 version by incorporating social networking protection, data theft prevention and Facebook profile privacy checking.
If you use your mobile device to browse many Web sites that require a username and password, keeping track of all those credentials, as well as entering them each time you want to use them, can be a pian. Letting the Web browser remember the details for them can be a security risk, too. Trend Micro's DirectPass app aims to be a central and secure repository for all those credentials, so you won't have to keep entering them each time you visit those sites
An all-around solid defender and efficient performer, Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2012 (AU$89 for one year and three PCs as of 7 May, 2012) has a slick, user-friendly interface and solid malware detection and removal capabilities.
As well as the anti-virus, identity protection, parental control and firewall modules in Norton Internet Security 2012, Norton 360 v6 includes PC tuning and online backup.
Bitdefender is a Romanian company which has been making Windows anti-virus software since 2001. After an over-zealous makeover last year, the company now claims it has 'the sharp mind of the wolf and the sleekness of the dragon, the vigilance of the alpha-male and the indestructibility of the snake's body'. It writes software.
Installing and using a security suite on a desktop PC or laptop (in fact, especially a laptop) can be a frustrating experience. Pop-ups, incessant messages to update and upgrade, not to mention performance hits, are often traits of these programs. Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security 2012 aims to be more user-friendly on all those fronts and it's mostly successful.
Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 comes in third in our 2012 roundup of security suites. But although it earned the bronze overall, it captured the highest rating in our malware detection, blocking, and removal tests. Those fantastic results, combined with the software's excellent interface, make it a great choice.
Trend Micro's Mobile Security Personal Edition app is worth considering if you want some peace of mind when it comes to security concerns with your smartphone. It features a real-time app scanner and Web site filtering that can detect malware, and it's also able to block nuisance calls and unwanted text messages. Most importantly though, it can be used to track, lock or even wipe a lost phone.
Users looking for a free antimalware product to protect themselves have long enjoyed Avira, which is available in a no-cost version for personal use, but which subjects you to a single daily pop-up urging you to buy the full suite.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- LG patches data theft bug affecting millions of Android phones
- Trend Micro defends World Cup fans from cyber attacks
- Trend Micro releases free heartbleed scanners
- McAfee offers free Mobile Security app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW