One of the best ways to protect your PC is to keep all your software up-to-date. Patching over security holes blocks online attackers who like nothing more than exploiting old software flaws to surreptitiously install Trojans and other malware.
Just as Christmas seems to come earlier every year so does the season for releasing next year's crop of AV products. So it is with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, the latest iteration of the respected security bundle.
The just-released beta of Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2010 is more notable for what's under the hood than what you actually see.
Want fine-grained control over the firewall built into Windows 7 and Windows Vista - especially the way it blocks outbound connections? Good luck. Even if you manage to unearth the controls buried deep in Windows menus and applications, you'll be baf...
The beta of Microsoft Security Essentials is a solid, free tool that protects against malware while taking up few system resources and staying out of your way as much as possible.
Safe Calculator is a neat little utility that pretends to be the basic Windows calculator when you launch it. In actuality, it's a safe that can take a single file and encrypt it, disappearing it into the application itself.
It may not be the first internet security suite that springs to mind, but G-Data InternetSecurity 2010 (one-year, one-user licence: US$29; one-year, three-user licence: $39) is among the best we've seen at malware detection and removal.
Comodo Internet Security Pro 3.8 is a newcomer to the consumer internet security suite market. And based on our experience, the suite is clearly in its infancy.
If anything, ZoneAlarm Extreme may be guilty of having too many pieces: it bundles together the basic security suite with the unique features of ID theft mitigation and recovery service, online data storage, and the optional PC utility. This premium ...
Unlike some security vendors, AVG Internet Security 8.5 allows you to opt in to various partnerships (as opposed to opting out), such as the Yahoo Search box, during installation.
As portable USB flash drive storage capacities continue to rise, the possibility of losing a lot of data in one hit becomes more worrying. While there are no flashing lights, laser grids or barbed wire to suggest that the Kingston DataTraveler Vault ...
Symantec acquired the security vendor in 2008 to increase its worldwide market share with consumers in new and emerging regional markets. Since the acquisition, PC Tools maintains a separate development operation from Symantec's consumer business uni...
When it comes to protecting yourself against malware, you can't take too many precautions. AVG Identity Protection gives you another security tool to protect against malware threats specifically designed to steal private information such as passwords...
There has been a trend for some time whereby creators of parental controls software use the internet much more actively as a tool for monitoring and setting limits on what children can do online. This began as simply a means to send information via e...
The great thing about today's nearly universal connectivity is how easy it is to share information, pictures and other material with your business associates, friends and family. The bad thing about it is how easy it is for strangers to get access to...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- A critical flaw in Symantec antivirus engine puts computers at risk of easy hacking
- Malware attacks on two banks have links with 2014 Sony Pictures hack
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
- New USB-C authentication spec protects against malware and shoddy chargers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW