One of the best ways to protect your PC is to keep all your software up-to-date. Patching over security holes blocks online attackers who like nothing more than exploiting old software flaws to surreptitiously install Trojans and other malware.
Just as Christmas seems to come earlier every year so does the season for releasing next year's crop of AV products. So it is with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, the latest iteration of the respected security bundle.
The just-released beta of Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2010 is more notable for what's under the hood than what you actually see.
Want fine-grained control over the firewall built into Windows 7 and Windows Vista - especially the way it blocks outbound connections? Good luck. Even if you manage to unearth the controls buried deep in Windows menus and applications, you'll be baf...
The beta of Microsoft Security Essentials is a solid, free tool that protects against malware while taking up few system resources and staying out of your way as much as possible.
Safe Calculator is a neat little utility that pretends to be the basic Windows calculator when you launch it. In actuality, it's a safe that can take a single file and encrypt it, disappearing it into the application itself.
It may not be the first internet security suite that springs to mind, but G-Data InternetSecurity 2010 (one-year, one-user licence: US$29; one-year, three-user licence: $39) is among the best we've seen at malware detection and removal.
Comodo Internet Security Pro 3.8 is a newcomer to the consumer internet security suite market. And based on our experience, the suite is clearly in its infancy.
If anything, ZoneAlarm Extreme may be guilty of having too many pieces: it bundles together the basic security suite with the unique features of ID theft mitigation and recovery service, online data storage, and the optional PC utility. This premium ...
Unlike some security vendors, AVG Internet Security 8.5 allows you to opt in to various partnerships (as opposed to opting out), such as the Yahoo Search box, during installation.
As portable USB flash drive storage capacities continue to rise, the possibility of losing a lot of data in one hit becomes more worrying. While there are no flashing lights, laser grids or barbed wire to suggest that the Kingston DataTraveler Vault ...
Symantec acquired the security vendor in 2008 to increase its worldwide market share with consumers in new and emerging regional markets. Since the acquisition, PC Tools maintains a separate development operation from Symantec's consumer business uni...
When it comes to protecting yourself against malware, you can't take too many precautions. AVG Identity Protection gives you another security tool to protect against malware threats specifically designed to steal private information such as passwords...
There has been a trend for some time whereby creators of parental controls software use the internet much more actively as a tool for monitoring and setting limits on what children can do online. This began as simply a means to send information via e...
The great thing about today's nearly universal connectivity is how easy it is to share information, pictures and other material with your business associates, friends and family. The bad thing about it is how easy it is for strangers to get access to...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- The FBI could have saved money with this iPhone 5c hack
- Thousands of Seagate NAS boxes host cryptocurrency mining malware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT