Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free adds a useful extra layer of protection to your PC, at no extra cost.
Security - Reviews
The iStorage diskGenie is a USB hard drive offering up to 500GB of storage. It features secure AES-256 encryption and is unlocked by a number keypad.
Kaspersky is expanding its scope by offering Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac, its first security program for the Apple Mac. But how much does the Mac need anti-virus, and does it work?
The Netgear ProSecure STM600 security appliance takes on small-to-midsize business stalwarts such as Fortinet and Barracuda by including antispam, antimalware, and web content filtering in a single unit that offers easy deployment and budget-preservi...
Kingston announced a new DataTraveler Locker USB Flash Drive that offered partitioning capability.
Seagate calls its BlackArmor WS 110 a direct-attached storage (DAS) device, but in most respects it's a fairly standard external hard drive. Aimed at businesses looking to back up individual computers, the BlackArmor WS 110 provides AES 256-bit hardw...
Though Alwil Avast Professional Edition ($63.97 for a one-year, single-PC licence) has a speedy scan rate, that wasn't enough to offset its unimpressive protection from malware infections and its truly annoying interface. (A new version is coming ear...
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 has some nice, techie-focused extras and it effectively ferrets out rootkits, but it can't keep up with other antivirus apps when it comes to the essential task of blocking malware.
Trend Micro Antivirus + Antispyware 2010 is good looking software weighed down by comparatively poor malware detection, slow scan speed, and a seriously misguided habit of hiding what it does from the user.
Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 ($69.95 for a one-year, three-PC licence) offers strong traditional malware detection, but is dragged down by negatives like poor behavioural scans.
Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010 (SDAV) blends PC Tools' previous well-known anti-spyware tool PC Tools Spyware Doctor with the anti-virus capabilities of a PC Tools AntiVirus engine.
BitDefender Antivirus ($44.92 for a one-year, three-PC licence) holds its own at dealing with malware, but its interface isn't especially user-friendly. Overall the program earned fourth place in our roundup of stand-alone antivirus programs.
Avira's AntiVir Premium Edition lacks an advanced malware detection feature used by top programs, and it could use a smoother interface. The program earned a seventh-place ranking in our current stand-alone antivirus roundup.
Kaspersky's pairs competent proactive protection with below-average signature detection, and a strong feature set with an at-times annoying user experience.
Most security programs use a single antivirus engine, but the German-made G Data (US$25 for a one-year, single-PC license) uses two separate engines: BitDefender and Avast. That double coverage may have helped it rack up an impressive 99.95 percent b...
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Australians targeted by Windows 10 phishing attacks
- How a burglar can make a copy of your door key, from a Facebook picture
- Vulnerability found in Samsung smartphone keyboard
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Performance TesterQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIT SpecialistACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- FTService Desk Operators (Part time and Full Time)SA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- CC.NET Developer!QLD
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTDocumentation AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW