Ad-Aware Total Security ($49.95), the newest addition to the Lavasoft line of security software, is an all-in-one suite that builds on the longtime anti-spyware favourite Ad-Aware. It adds anti-virus, rootkit detection, a personal firewall, spam prot...
Security - Reviews
What began as anti-spyware has grown into a sizable suite that includes comprehensive malware protection; this version of Ad-Aware Internet Security Pro includes antivirus, network protection, and rootkit removal. Lavasoft also offers a free version ...
Ad-Aware Free Internet Security, one of the most popular spyware killers on the planet, just got better: It's not just an anti-spyware killer any more. The newest version, 8.3, adds anti-virus capabilities to its already very good job of detecting an...
The Kingston DataTraveler 5000 (4GB) is a USB 2.0 flash drive designed for business users who regularly carry sensitive information. With an RRP of $165, the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 might seem a bit pricey for a 4GB thumb drive, but you’re not pay...
Earlier this month, Imation launched its Defender series of USB flash drives aimed at the consumer portable storage and data backup market.
AVG Internet Security 9.0 is an affordable security suite that provides strong malware detection and disinfection, but it could be easier to use.
Webroot Internet Security Essentials 2010 is in essence Webroot's SpySweeper antivirus/antispyware application packaged with a firewall, an antispam utility, backup software, and internet browsing protection thrown in.
Panda Internet Security 2010 includes all the basic features, plus some extras such as 2GB of online backup and the ability to protect USB devices. Despite its wealth of features, its detection of unknown malware falls short.
McAfee Internet Security 2010 does a good job at detecting malware, its interface is fresh and distinct from the pack, and it has a solid set of features.
BitDefender gets a much-needed interface redesign for 2010. The new interface comes in three variations: a basic display with only three large icons and simple text, an intermediate design showing more detail, and an advanced interface for those who ...
Alwil Avast! Internet Security 5.0, offers all the basic PC protection features and does a reasonable job at traditional malware detection. It is also fast. However, it fell short at detecting new threats, and it lacks some features present in other ...
PC Tools Internet Security 2010 is a good bare-bones suite with strong malware detection, and is a big improvement over previous versions, but it lacks the parental controls and online backup features of comparable suites.
Seagate's first network-attached (NAS) device, the BlackArmor NAS 440 (ST360005SHA10G-RK), offers the ability to encrypt volumes, easily manage RAID arrays and administer users. However, it's not without its flaws.
Most security programs are updated every year, almost like clockwork, but it's well over a year since BullGuard Internet Security 8.5 was released and it has to be said that this latest version doesn't exactly boast a long list of new features.
Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0 is a suite of tools that combines the anti-malware and anti-phishing features of Norton Internet Security 2010 (NIS), with the PC tune-up tools of Norton Utilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- A vigilante hacker may have built a computer worm to protect the IoT
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- The iCloud hackers' bitcoin ransom looks like a fake
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCService Desk SupportNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- CCPMO Analyst - Telco - MelbourneVIC
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC