McAfee used the venue of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona as an opportunity to announce new techniques and tools for protecting mobile devices, data, and apps. Mobile devices are a huge target for malware and cyber attackers, and McAfee wants t...
Security - News
Interpol said Tuesday that 25 people suspected of being affiliated with the Anonymous hacking group were arrested in four countries in South America and Europe, with authorities seizing IT equipment, payment cards and cash.
Megaupload's flamboyant founder Kim Dotcom will stay free on bail after a New Zealand judge dismissed an appeal on Wednesday that sought to return him to jail.
As threats to mobile devices sharply increase, a good security app can make a huge difference. McAfee Mobile Security, the mobile version of McAfee's desktop software, can help protect your phone or tablet from mobile malware, phishing, and device th...
A prominent Australia-based technologist is cautioning people not to put full confidence in an application he developed that intends to provide security for sending private messages on Twitter.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
Security and antivirus software vendor Webroot has thrown the proverbial gauntlet down to its competitors with the launch of its new consumer-level protection software, SecureAnywhere. The new software is almost entirely based in the cloud and requir...
Has the Anonymous movement reached a midlife crisis?
A free tool for the Mozilla Firefox Web browser that can counter search hijacking on computer networks in the United States has been released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and the Tor Project.
What's new in the land of security fixes? Over the last couple weeks, Apple released a fix to iOS, Google updated Chrome, and Skype patched a nasty server-side bug. Read on to get caught up on the latest patches.
The night before the start of this week's Black Hat hacker conference here in Las Vegas, security researcher Dillon Beresford gave a demonstration to a small audience in his room at Caesar's Palace. The topic: how a hacker could take over the Siemens...
Security product provider Rapid7 has updated its widely used open-source Metasploit exploitation framework, expanding the software so it supports enterprise IT security staff as well as its core audience of penetration testers.
The hacking collective Anonymous released a document on Thursday marked "restricted" from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
In the late 1990s Robert Soloway made US$20,000 a day as a spammer. He drove fancy cars. He wore Armani clothes. He was, by all accounts, one of the most successful spammers on the planet. But if he were starting out today, he'd find some other line ...
Apple's website for Mac OS X, iPhone and iPad developers has a vulnerability that could lead to phishing attacks, according to a hacker group.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- After CIA leak, Intel Security releases detection tool for EFI rootkits
- Cisco on CIA WikiLeaks revelations: It’s not our problem… this time
- Old Windows malware may have tampered with 132 Android apps
- Google shifts on email encryption tool, leaving its fate unclear
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- TPDevOps ManagerVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTApplication Support Consultant (Oracle SQL, Unix scripting)NSW
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTJuniper Network SpecialistVIC
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTLead Network Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectSA
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Web DeveloperVIC
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTFinance AnalystVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC