McAfee has released a free version of its mobile security app.
Security - News
Trend Micro has released a new version of its cloud-based Mobile Security app that can now provide more protection for iPad and iPhone users. The new version for the iOS 7 platform has added protection to scan downloads from the App Store, and can al...
There's a growing threat of attacks on computer basic input/output system (BIOS) firmware, and to deter it, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is putting in place new security guidelines for updating the BIOS. And in doing this...
Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 comes in third in our 2012 roundup of security suites. But although it earned the bronze overall, it captured the highest rating in our malware detection, blocking, and removal tests. Those fantastic results, combin...
These tablets have extra security features that will keep your work safe and your IT pros happy.
McAfee used the venue of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona as an opportunity to announce new techniques and tools for protecting mobile devices, data, and apps. Mobile devices are a huge target for malware and cyber attackers, and McAfee wants t...
Interpol said Tuesday that 25 people suspected of being affiliated with the Anonymous hacking group were arrested in four countries in South America and Europe, with authorities seizing IT equipment, payment cards and cash.
Megaupload's flamboyant founder Kim Dotcom will stay free on bail after a New Zealand judge dismissed an appeal on Wednesday that sought to return him to jail.
As threats to mobile devices sharply increase, a good security app can make a huge difference. McAfee Mobile Security, the mobile version of McAfee's desktop software, can help protect your phone or tablet from mobile malware, phishing, and device th...
A prominent Australia-based technologist is cautioning people not to put full confidence in an application he developed that intends to provide security for sending private messages on Twitter.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
Security and antivirus software vendor Webroot has thrown the proverbial gauntlet down to its competitors with the launch of its new consumer-level protection software, SecureAnywhere. The new software is almost entirely based in the cloud and requir...
Has the Anonymous movement reached a midlife crisis?
A free tool for the Mozilla Firefox Web browser that can counter search hijacking on computer networks in the United States has been released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and the Tor Project.
What's new in the land of security fixes? Over the last couple weeks, Apple released a fix to iOS, Google updated Chrome, and Skype patched a nasty server-side bug. Read on to get caught up on the latest patches.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear tweaks its home security camera line by introducing the Arlo Pro
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC