The hacker who posted an exploit last week that threatened a large swath of Hewlett-Packard Co.'s laptop lineup followed up Wednesday with new attack code that can "brick" nearly every HP laptop.
Google's Orkut social networking site appeared to have been hit by a relatively harmless worm, but one that demonstrated the continuing vulnerability of Web applications.
Microsoft has offered a technical work-around for Internet Explorer users who have found their browsers crashing after installing a recent set of security patches.
Apple on Monday matched the patch count of last month's massive update, fixing 41 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X and updating the beta of its Windows browser to fix another.
Google is working to fix a bug in the Google Toolbar that could allow criminals to steal data or install malicious software on a system, a security researcher warned Tuesday.
Microsoft confirmed Monday that it is investigating reports that a security update for Internet Explorer issued last week has crippled some users' ability to get on the Web with the browser.
Symantec is just weeks away from shipping a test version of the next major update to its Norton 360 desktop security-and-backup software, with the product expected to ship by the end of March.
Internet users are being warned about a new malware trend involving the use of natural language dialogue systems that are already deployed within gaming technologies.
Apple has released a new security patch for QuickTime, its eighth update this year for the media player software.
A pair of open-source tools that sniff network traffic for cookies, then use the data to feed those purloined files back to Web sites, will let hackers easily impersonate users, a security expert said yesterday.
Microsoft Wednesday opened the preview of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) to the general public, but it required users to go through an elaborate process that involves multiple reboots before they are allowed to download it from the company's upd...
A new variant on the "Prg Banking Trojan" malware discovered in June is stealing funds from commercial accounts in the United States, United Kingdom, Spain and Italy with a botnet called Zbot, says Atlanta-based SecureWorks.
Microsoft on Tuesday withdrew an offer of free copies of Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 in exchange for consumers agreeing to install monitoring software, saying it had exhausted the supply of software.
Microsoft has stripped a "click to activate" warning from Internet Explorer (IE), part of the fallout from a patent lawsuit settlement the company struck with Eolas Technologies back in August.
Nearly two-dozen different laptop models sold by Hewlett-Packard Co. ship with software plagued with multiple zero-day vulnerabilities, security researchers said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Australians targeted by Windows 10 phishing attacks
- How a burglar can make a copy of your door key, from a Facebook picture
- Vulnerability found in Samsung smartphone keyboard
- Mac users exposed by zero-day vulnerability
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA