Google, inundated with traffic from iPhone users over the holidays, has hurriedly made improvements to its mobile Web applications that will enable faster browsing for iPhone owners. "On Christmas, traffic to Google from iPhones surged, surpassing in...
Security - News
Child Wise CEO Bernadette McMenamin has clarified her position on the Federal government's plan to implement mandatory Internet filtering at the ISP level, stating that all she wants blocked are child pornography Web sites, and nothing else.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs), IT managers and the Electronic Frontiers Australia (EFA) have slammed the federal government's national content filtering scheme and dubbed it a technically impossible token gesture.
There's now one more reason to be security-conscious while using MySpace.com: fake Microsoft updates.
The 'Secret Crush' malicious widget that tricks Facebook users into downloading spyware is not something dreamt up by Zango, the adware company's CEO says.
Gadgets have always taken center stage at the Consumer Electronics Show, but this year more than ever, even the coolest devices seem to be mere means to an end -- access to content and services whenever and wherever you want them.
A batch of digital media players sold by a Dutch importer over the holidays appear to have been infected with a nasty stocking stuffer -- a worm.
Just a day after unleashing spam featuring Christmas strippers, the Storm botnet has switched gears and began duping users into infecting their own PCs by bombarding them with messages touting the new year, said security researchers.
A security company has identified a Trojan horse program that replaces Google text advertisements on Web pages with ads from another source, depriving Google of revenue and potentially causing problems for end users.
Canadian analysts said the two Google-related hacks which surfaced recently should cause IT managers to look at employee Web surfing as a security hazard rather than a time waster.
The Dutch telecommunications regulator OPTA has fined the two companies behind the DollarRevenue adware program Euro 1 million (AU$1.66 million).
The hacker who posted an exploit last week that threatened a large swath of Hewlett-Packard Co.'s laptop lineup followed up Wednesday with new attack code that can "brick" nearly every HP laptop.
Google's Orkut social networking site appeared to have been hit by a relatively harmless worm, but one that demonstrated the continuing vulnerability of Web applications.
Microsoft has offered a technical work-around for Internet Explorer users who have found their browsers crashing after installing a recent set of security patches.
Apple on Monday matched the patch count of last month's massive update, fixing 41 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X and updating the beta of its Windows browser to fix another.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
- Kaspersky Labs says Microsoft is anticompetitive towards third-party antivirus
- Password manager LastPass now works on all your devices for free
- Netgear tweaks its home security camera line by introducing the Arlo Pro
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT