Apple on Monday issued its first security update for the year, patching at least 10 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X as it also upgraded Leopard to Version 10.5.2 after weeks of speculation on its release date.
Security - News
Microsoft's newly released Service Pack 1 may solve some of the performance glitches that have annoyed Windows Vista users and discouraged others from adopting the OS, but it doesn't appear from our initial tests to be a panacea.
Microsoft's aggressive defense of its intellectual property, which includes claims that Linux violates a number of its patents, is nothing more than "a marketing thing," according to Linus Torvalds, creator of the Linux kernel.
Flock this week added MySpace support to its Mozilla-based social Web browser that allows users to monitor what is happening on their favorite social networks while they surf the Web.
A revolt among IT professionals and developers is brewing over Microsoft's decision to hold the release-to-manufacturing (RTM) version of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), with some admitting that they've downloaded pirated copies to begin testing ...
Following the announcement that Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) had been shipped to manufacturing, Microsoft late last week confirmed that it seeded another build of Windows XP SP3 to a closed-set group of testers.
Mozilla late last week patched Firefox to quash 11 bugs, including one from three weeks ago that posed a threat to users who had installed any of the more than 600 add-ons for the open-source browser.
Microsoft announced it will release a dozen security updates next week, matching the patch record set a year ago. Seven of the 12 will be tagged with the company's highest threat ranking.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/031307-cebit-grisoft-releases-small-business.html">Grisoft</a> Wednesday said it has changed the name of its parent company to AVG Technologies N.V. AVG is its brand of <a href="http://www.networkworld.c...
Spammers are using a bot to sidestep barriers that Microsoft has erected to keep scammers from creating massive numbers of accounts on its Live Mail service, a security researcher said.
Parents who are concerned about their children being exposed to sexual predators and harassment on the Internet need to stop thinking of social networking sites, such as MySpace.com and Facebook, as the biggest threats.
Think personal robots are still the stuff of sci-fi movies? Think again.
Apple has released a security fix for its QuickTime media player software, fixing a critical bug that had been worrying security experts for nearly a month.
One of Denmark's largest ISPs is considering fighting a court order to shut off its subscribers' access to The Pirate Bay, the embattled file-sharing search engine.
Paying customers may not get their hands on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) for weeks, but pirates can download the brand-new code today, according to searches at several BitTorrent trackers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
- Kaspersky Labs says Microsoft is anticompetitive towards third-party antivirus
- Password manager LastPass now works on all your devices for free
- Netgear tweaks its home security camera line by introducing the Arlo Pro
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCTest LeadVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW