Following the announcement that Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) had been shipped to manufacturing, Microsoft late last week confirmed that it seeded another build of Windows XP SP3 to a closed-set group of testers.
Mozilla late last week patched Firefox to quash 11 bugs, including one from three weeks ago that posed a threat to users who had installed any of the more than 600 add-ons for the open-source browser.
Microsoft announced it will release a dozen security updates next week, matching the patch record set a year ago. Seven of the 12 will be tagged with the company's highest threat ranking.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/031307-cebit-grisoft-releases-small-business.html">Grisoft</a> Wednesday said it has changed the name of its parent company to AVG Technologies N.V. AVG is its brand of <a href="http://www.networkworld.c...
Spammers are using a bot to sidestep barriers that Microsoft has erected to keep scammers from creating massive numbers of accounts on its Live Mail service, a security researcher said.
Parents who are concerned about their children being exposed to sexual predators and harassment on the Internet need to stop thinking of social networking sites, such as MySpace.com and Facebook, as the biggest threats.
Think personal robots are still the stuff of sci-fi movies? Think again.
Apple has released a security fix for its QuickTime media player software, fixing a critical bug that had been worrying security experts for nearly a month.
One of Denmark's largest ISPs is considering fighting a court order to shut off its subscribers' access to The Pirate Bay, the embattled file-sharing search engine.
Paying customers may not get their hands on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) for weeks, but pirates can download the brand-new code today, according to searches at several BitTorrent trackers.
Adobe has released an update that fixes vulnerabilities in its widely used Reader document viewing program.
Microsoft Monday said Vista SP1 will not be available until mid-March because the company is working out issues with some device drivers that lose functionality when the service pack is installed.
A US judge has ordered a Las Vegas company to stop making weight-loss and anti-aging claims and to stop sending unsolicited e-mail, the US Federal Trade Commission announced this week.
Microsoft Monday wrapped up work on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1 and said both the server and client software will be generally available within the next month.
The researcher who last week revealed vulnerabilities in the photo uploader used by Facebook and MySpace Monday said that multiple flaws in Yahoo's music player program can be used to attack Windows PCs running Internet Explorer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- The FBI could have saved money with this iPhone 5c hack
- Thousands of Seagate NAS boxes host cryptocurrency mining malware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT