Hard on the heels of the success of the revamped Star Trek franchise, security company Sophos has released a Klingon-language version of a free malware scanning tool it uses to show Earth-bound customers how its technology stacks up against rivals' s...
Security - News
Storage vendor NetApp has agreed to acquire Data Domain, a maker of disk-based backup products, for about US$1.5 billion, the companies announced Wednesday.
Microsoft late Monday confirmed that its Internet Information Services (IIS) Web-server software contains a vulnerability that could let attackers steal data, but downplayed the threat.
In an effort to draw attention to an long-standing security problem in Apple's Mac OS X operating system, a security researcher has posted attack code that exploits the flaw.
In an attempt to stay one step ahead of security companies, the Gumblar web attack has jumped over to using a new domain to pull its malicious software.
They walk the warrior's path and they devour horrible-looking bowlfuls of red worms, but hey, Klingons need malware protection too.
After discovering attack code on a brand new Windows XP netbook, antivirus vendor Kaspersky Labs warned users yesterday that they should scan virgin systems for malware before connecting them to the Internet.
Offering assistance with application security, Microsoft is extending on Tuesday its Security Development Lifecycle processes to its Visual Studio Team System for application lifecycle management.
Security and patch management vendor Shavlik Technologies Tuesday recommended a pair of free tools from Microsoft to help users protect themselves from a zero-day exploit in Internet Information Server.
Domain name registries are scrambling to patch a newly discovered bug in popular open source DNS software that could be exploited for denial-of-service attacks.
McAfee today announced it intends to acquire Solidcore Systems for about US$33 million in cash and an additional $14 million if certain performance targets are met.
Identity thieves that hit Facebook last week with a new round of phishing attacks are harvesting passwords for profit, a security researcher said today.
Spam isn't just a problem for people with e-mail addresses, but also for companies and organizations running Web sites with various types of feedback forms.
Facebook has adopted the OpenID user-identity framework to simplify how people register for and log into the social networking site.
Security vendors are warning users of Microsoft's Internet Information Services 6 Web-server software that a new online attack could put their data at risk.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Australians targeted by Windows 10 phishing attacks
- How a burglar can make a copy of your door key, from a Facebook picture
- Vulnerability found in Samsung smartphone keyboard
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT