The Conficker worm is still infecting systems at a brisk rate and continues to snag computers in Fortune 1000 companies, according to security researchers.
A hard drive containing personal information of White House staff and visitors during former U.S. President Bill Clinton's administration is missing from the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, the agency said.
Adobe Systems, whose applications have been hit hard by hackers, is combing through legacy code for bugs in its products and plans a regular quarterly patch release, according to a top security official.
Blasted three months ago for being slow to fix a zero-day vulnerability in its popular PDF viewer, Adobe today promised it will root out bugs in older code, speed up the patching process and release regular security updates for Adobe Reader and Acrob...
Hard on the heels of the success of the revamped Star Trek franchise, security company Sophos has released a Klingon-language version of a free malware scanning tool it uses to show Earth-bound customers how its technology stacks up against rivals' s...
Storage vendor NetApp has agreed to acquire Data Domain, a maker of disk-based backup products, for about US$1.5 billion, the companies announced Wednesday.
Microsoft late Monday confirmed that its Internet Information Services (IIS) Web-server software contains a vulnerability that could let attackers steal data, but downplayed the threat.
In an effort to draw attention to an long-standing security problem in Apple's Mac OS X operating system, a security researcher has posted attack code that exploits the flaw.
In an attempt to stay one step ahead of security companies, the Gumblar web attack has jumped over to using a new domain to pull its malicious software.
They walk the warrior's path and they devour horrible-looking bowlfuls of red worms, but hey, Klingons need malware protection too.
After discovering attack code on a brand new Windows XP netbook, antivirus vendor Kaspersky Labs warned users yesterday that they should scan virgin systems for malware before connecting them to the Internet.
Offering assistance with application security, Microsoft is extending on Tuesday its Security Development Lifecycle processes to its Visual Studio Team System for application lifecycle management.
Security and patch management vendor Shavlik Technologies Tuesday recommended a pair of free tools from Microsoft to help users protect themselves from a zero-day exploit in Internet Information Server.
Domain name registries are scrambling to patch a newly discovered bug in popular open source DNS software that could be exploited for denial-of-service attacks.
McAfee today announced it intends to acquire Solidcore Systems for about US$33 million in cash and an additional $14 million if certain performance targets are met.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- A critical flaw in Symantec antivirus engine puts computers at risk of easy hacking
- Malware attacks on two banks have links with 2014 Sony Pictures hack
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA