British authorities have launched an investigation into the recent cyberattacks that crippled Web sites in the U.S. and South Korea, as the trail to find the perpetrators stretches around the world.
About one in six consumers have at some time acted on a spam message, affirming the economic incentive for spammers to keep churning out millions of obnoxious pitches per day, according to a new survey.
An attacker who defaced the Web site of Turkey's embassy in China on Monday left behind a pro-China note as the two countries worked through a diplomatic spat.
A British hacker who has been fighting extradition to the United States for the past seven years today made an eleventh-hour appeal to a British court to be tried in the U.K. instead of in a U.S. federal court.
Microsoft today delivered six security updates that patch nine vulnerabilities, fixing two bugs already being used by hackers but leaving one still open to exploit.
The number of teens illegally file-sharing has fallen since 2007, says Music Ally.
The U.K. was the likely source of a series of attacks last week that took down popular Web sites in the U.S. and South Korea, according to an analysis performed by a Vietnamese computer security analyst.
Microsoft confirmed another zero-day vulnerability on Monday in a set of software components that ship in a wide variety of the company's products.
For the second time in a week, Microsoft is warning users that hackers are exploiting an unpatched, critical bug in a company-made ActiveX control, putting people running Internet Explorer (IE) at risk.
Tanzania has joined a group of African countries using mobile phone SIM card registrations to both track down criminals using mobile phones to commit crimes and to reduce handset theft.
The number of botnets and of computers controlled by them in China has fallen in recent years, though the country remains a top host for the networks of compromised computers, according to the government and independent researchers.
The cyberattacks that took down prominent U.S. and South Korean Web sites in the last week have apparently ended but the search for those responsible is only just beginning. North Korea has emerged as a likely culprit, especially among politicians, b...
Twitter is suspending the accounts of some users whose computers have fallen victim to a well-known piece of malicious software that has targeted other sites such as Facebook and MySpace.
MasterCard today clarified a June 15 bulletin about the use of remote key injection (RKI) services for upgrading encryption protocols on merchants' point of sale (POS) terminals, saying it was not an edict.
If attackers intent on data theft can tap into an electrical socket near a computer or if they can draw a bead on the machine with a laser, they can steal whatever is being typed into it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- A critical flaw in Symantec antivirus engine puts computers at risk of easy hacking
- Malware attacks on two banks have links with 2014 Sony Pictures hack
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
- New USB-C authentication spec protects against malware and shoddy chargers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC