In May, Web security consultant George Deglin discovered a cross-site scripting (XSS) exploit that involved Facebook's controversial Instant Personalization feature. The exploit ran on Yelp, one of the three sites that Facebook had selected to test I...
Security - Features
Who's got the safest operating system? Apple, Google, Microsoft? According to one security expert, what really matters is who's using the OS.
Facebook, according to its CEO, is built around the simple idea that people want to share things with "their friends and the people around them."
The continuing saga of Google's wireless snooping and the maelstrom it's generated won't end anytime soon.
Facebook deserves plenty of blame for messing too much with its privacy settings, but no amount of fixing will stop people from embarrassing themselves on the Internet.
Want an expert lesson in how to respond without actually responding and how to apologize without saying you're sorry? Then you need to read Facebook CEO Mark Zukerberg's quasi-mea culpa in today's Washington Post. Do it now; I'll wait.
New Yorker Barry Hoggard draws a line in the sand when it comes to online privacy. In May he said farewell to 1251 Facebook friends by deleting his account of four years to protest what he calls the social network's eroding privacy policies.
Facebook's privacy problems reportedly have the social network rethinking its approach, and a new poll suggests that the threat of user decline is real, but don't expect a mass exodus any time soon.
Just how much personal information are you releasing when you use Facebook? Facebook may be giving third-party advertisers your personal information without you realising.
As complaints about Facebook continue to pile up to epic proportions, its competitors are receiving glittering press, financial support, and spikes in site traffic. Is this a signal that the Great Facebook Exodus has begun, and can the trend maintai...
Facebook appears to be working diligently at establishing itself as the site that people love to hate. Don't get me wrong, passionate views are a mark of success--just look at Microsoft, Apple, and Google. Still, the trick is to foster that passion (...
Whatever you use to surf the Web needs a fix. Developers of all five major browsers--Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Opera--recently released important security patches.
Terry Childs' guilty conviction struck a nerve with IT staffers this week.
Once upon a time, instant messaging was a consumer technology. That consumer toy worked its way into the corporate network and was eventually not just accepted, but embraced and leveraged as a valuable tool.
Last week a flawed DAT file from McAfee led to false positives crashing Windows XP systems and leading to a massive cleanup effort. It would be very easy to simply point the finger at McAfee, terminate the employment of a scapegoat security engineer ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
- Kaspersky Labs says Microsoft is anticompetitive towards third-party antivirus
- Password manager LastPass now works on all your devices for free
- Netgear tweaks its home security camera line by introducing the Arlo Pro
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD