Yesterday, at the MIX08 conference, Microsoft released the first beta of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), which is available for immediate download. It promises several technical enhancements-as well as several philosophical improvements. After a session d...
Security - Features
Here we show you an artistic image of the online security threats which wreak havoc on the online world.
Microsoft did yet another turn-about this week and opened the newest version of Windows XP SP3 to the public. It's not final, this last service pack, but it's close.
The "Save XP" petition asking Microsoft to keep Windows XP available indefinitely, not end most sales on June 30 as currently planned, has prompted many readers to suggest that maybe the best answer for those who don't like Vista is to switch to anot...
You've been had. Some geeky guy with a bad comb-over just convinced you to click 100 times on your Gmail account to somehow tap into a Google TV beta.
A browser by itself is a poor thing, letting you browse the Web, but little else. To get the most out of the Web, you need add-ins that give your browser plenty of extra features.
Internet dating has become an extremely popular way to meet people, and has indeed brought a lot of lonely folks together. But not every date turns out like an [[xref: http://www.eharmony.com|eHarmony]] ad. So in observance of Valentine's Day, we con...
Ask eBay users about auction fraud and payment scams, and you'll hear different stories with the same theme: While eBay can be a great marketplace, both buyers and sellers need to beware.
Quick looks at the coolest new devices for the Apple fans in your life.
Don't like the way Internet Explorer 7 looks or works? Then change it. There are plenty of ways you can hack it, tweak it or just make it simpler to use. In this article, you'll find out how to speed up IE's display of Web sites, build your own Sea...
How bad was 2007 for breaches, vulnerabilities and similar mayhem? On the bright side, it was better than 2008 is forecast to be. With more of every sort of meltdown predicted -- more criminalization of the hacker community, more Web-application atta...
There's a new weapon in the security arsenal that monitors network traffic and issues real-time alerts when it spots unusual or suspicious behavior on the network.
Far from being a major player in IT security today, Google has ambitious designs on becoming a big name in the burgeoning hosted security market, begging the question, Will your organization ever be ready to let the world's largest information retrie...
"Blended threats" - online security attacks that combine several techniques - are likely to become more pervasive in 2008, security industry insiders say.
The predictable flood of 2008 IT prognostications has rolled in over the past few weeks and we have listened to analysts, vendors, consultants and our geek friends, accepting some forecasts and rejecting others. Turns out we did pretty well culling t...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
- Kaspersky Labs says Microsoft is anticompetitive towards third-party antivirus
- Password manager LastPass now works on all your devices for free
- Netgear tweaks its home security camera line by introducing the Arlo Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- CCTest Analysts - MainframeACT
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD