Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
In the aftermath of RSA saying that its SecureID two-factor authentication tokens may have been compromised in a data breach of the company's network, here are some key questions and answers about the situation.
PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
A Web hack that can endanger online banking transactions is ranked the No. 1 new Web hacking technique for 2010 in a top 10 list selected by a panel of experts and open voting.
It's a CIO's worst nightmare: You get a call from the Business Software Alliance (BSA), saying that some of the Microsoft software your company uses might be pirated.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
One can only hope that security software provider Trend Micro saw a nice sales boost after the proclamation of its chairman earlier this week that Android phones are more vulnerable to hacking than iPhones are. If it didn't, those blatantly self-serv...
Microsoft is easing in to 2011 with a light Patch Tuesday for January. There are only two security bulletins this month, and only one of those two is rated as Critical by Microsoft.
The dawn of the new millennium prompted fears about the future, but so far reality has not quite matched the predictions of catastrophe. The first ten years passed uneventfully--well, aside from Y2K and a bunch of intelligent computer viruses. Here's...
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
When the popular Web site Gawker was hacked into recently, more than a million user IDs and passwords were released. If you were one of the people compromised that's annoying -- very annoying. Not that it's a big deal that someone could log into a go...
Depending on whom you ask, paying for antivirus software is either a good investment or a total ripoff. In reality, neither viewpoint is accurate. You can find plenty of good reasons to choose a paid antivirus product, and plenty of good reasons to ...
This end-of-year article is a looking forward one -- looking forward to a year in which the Internet will be under a multi-pronged attack that threatens to change it irrevocably in ways that may destroy much of the Internet's potential.
It's been All WikiLeaks, All the Time here in Cringeville lately. And why not? As I noted last time out, this is the biggest thing to hit the WebberNets since Tim Berners Lee dreamed it up 20 years ago. We're still unraveling the implications and pro...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft wants to kill passwords with biometric authentication in Windows 10
- How to remove the dangerous Superfish adware preinstalled on Lenovo PCs
- USB Armory is the Swiss army knife of security devices
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
- World Cup connectivity was not without its dangers: Trend Micro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW