A ‘white hat’ is an ethical computer hacker or cyber security expert. White hat hackers often conduct exploratory testing to ensure an organization or computer system is properly protected.
Security - Features
There's never been a better time to give Linux a try on your PC. Here's why.
The FBI has issued a plea for those who have been hit by ransomware to report this to federal law enforcement so that the country can get a better sense of just how bad this problem really is.
What happens when you delete a file? Unknown to most, deleted data from a mobile phone can still be shared with others if not appropriately managed. In a worst-case scenario, this could end up in the hands of a hacker or e-criminal, and used against ...
In today’s day and age we see a huge amount of excitement around finding the biggest and best presents for kids. Not only this, children are encouraged to surf the web and use mobile apps from a young age. We are seeing toddlers trading toy cars and ...
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
In the aftermath of RSA saying that its SecureID two-factor authentication tokens may have been compromised in a data breach of the company's network, here are some key questions and answers about the situation.
PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
A Web hack that can endanger online banking transactions is ranked the No. 1 new Web hacking technique for 2010 in a top 10 list selected by a panel of experts and open voting.
It's a CIO's worst nightmare: You get a call from the Business Software Alliance (BSA), saying that some of the Microsoft software your company uses might be pirated.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
One can only hope that security software provider Trend Micro saw a nice sales boost after the proclamation of its chairman earlier this week that Android phones are more vulnerable to hacking than iPhones are. If it didn't, those blatantly self-serv...
Microsoft is easing in to 2011 with a light Patch Tuesday for January. There are only two security bulletins this month, and only one of those two is rated as Critical by Microsoft.
The dawn of the new millennium prompted fears about the future, but so far reality has not quite matched the predictions of catastrophe. The first ten years passed uneventfully--well, aside from Y2K and a bunch of intelligent computer viruses. Here's...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
- Kaspersky Labs says Microsoft is anticompetitive towards third-party antivirus
- Password manager LastPass now works on all your devices for free
- Netgear tweaks its home security camera line by introducing the Arlo Pro
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA