Although the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active makes some small sacrifices in display resolution, camera, and weight, the water resistance factor and a sturdier feeling build make it more appealing than the regular Galaxy S4 in many ways.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Showcase
The ridiculous looking but appropriately named Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is a mid-range smartphone with a gigantic 6.3in touchscreen. It offers excellent battery life and 4G connectivity, but performance is a mixed bag.
After weeks of rumours, leaked images and videos, Samsung has officially announced the world's worst kept secret: the Galaxy S4 Active smartphone. It's a rugged version of the Galaxy S4 that's water and dust-resistant.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is a low-cost device with predictable specifications but it hardly seems like much of an upgrade over the previous model.
Every year since 2010, Samsung has been an easy go-to for top-end LED TVs. They have always been slim, easy on your power bill, look great, and have a wealth of ground-breaking features. The 2013 edition of Samsung’s Series 8 LED is the fourth evolution, and makes some big progress.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 boasts an 8in screen and includes a Wacom-powered 'S Pen' stylus which can be genuinely useful. However, its expensive price tag and a design that's starting to show its age are letdowns.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 looks almost identical to its predecessor but includes a better display, an improved camera and a huge amount of software features and functions, many of which you'll never use. The Galaxy S4 is an excellent and overall outstanding smartphone, but there are a few annoyances.
It may not be as large as the Galaxy Mega 6.3 but Samsung's Galaxy Mega 5.8 is still a big smartphone. Announced at the same time as its larger brother, the Galaxy Mega 5.8 gets a downgrade in specifications as well as screen size.
If you think smartphones with huge screens are ridiculous, look away now. Samsung has just announced the Galaxy Mega 6.3 Android phone, a mid-range device with a huge 6.3in touchscreen.
It's thin, it's strong, it's stylish and it's quite fast. It's the Series 9 notebook from Samsung and it's designed for those of you who want to make an impression. We've seen the 13in version of this notebook before, which we loved, but this is the first time we're taking a look at the 15in model, and it doesn't really feel like a 15in model at all thanks to its clever design.
Samsung's XE303C12 is one of the first Chromebooks to hit the Australian market, armed with a small form factor, light weight and an attractive price tag. It's a laptop that resembles a netbook, but because it runs Google's Chrome OS, it's nothing like the Windows-based netbooks of old.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ