There's nothing like a great projector to really impress your visitors, whether it's for a studio space, a museum, a warehouse, a boardroom, or any other type of area that requires a big presence and a high quality image to go along with it.
Acer’s P1383W is an appealing projector thanks to its high ease of use and a competitive price. It’s suitable for first-time buyers who are switching from a television or building their first home entertainment area, or for small businesses that need something for their boardroom. But is its performance memorable enough to make it worth considering?
The Acer Projector C20 Series is designed for users who require the use of a pico projector while travelling. It's tiny, it can run on battery power and it also possesses a bit of a 'wow factor' (purely because many people aren't used to seeing a projector this small).
The BenQ SP890 is a Full HD 1080p multimedia projector that's equally at home displaying slideshows and stock reports as it is with Blu-ray movies. Its high brightness level makes it a good choice for boardroom presentations, but good contrast detail and black levels means it can deliver high quality movie playback relatively easily. We did notice a few image quality flaws with some movie titles, but a casual user will easily be impressed by the SP890's versatility.
HP's Notebook Projection Companion is tiny and just a little bit awesome. This pico projector is easy to carry around in your notebook bag, and it even comes with a little tripod.
The InFocus IN3902 is a projector with a 1024x768 resolution, 2000:1 contrast ratio and 3000 lumen brightness rating. It's designed for educational institutions, and its specifications make it suited to presentations in a brightly lit, medium-sized classroom. The inclusion of integrated wireless pen functionality could prove to be a boon for presenters.
The InFocus IN3114 is a 1024x768 XGA data projector that has a high brightness rating of 3500 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 2100:1. Its colours are vivid and saturated without losing accuracy and it offers good performance for an acceptable price tag.
The InFocus IN2114 is a business projector that makes a good compromise between the projector Holy Trinity of high brightness, high contrast and low fan noise. It's compact and reasonably versatile, and its price tag isn't excessive.
The Hitachi CP-DW10N is a short-throw business projector that can display a 90in image from less than a metre of projection distance. Its specifications make it suitable for small meeting rooms, though it has a few quirks.
The InFocus IN5504 is a titanic installation projector aimed at high-end audiovisual installations for rooms such as university halls and auditoriums. It has impressive specifications, and its striking modern aesthetics and a clever design make it a good choice for a long-term installation. Most importantly it's reasonably priced given its specifications, making it an economical choice compared to other installation projectors.
Picking the right projector for your boardroom or showroom can be a confusing experience. Projectors have different sizes, resolutions and brightness levels. The appropriate projector will depend on the size and brightness of your environment, and then you have to consider all the connectivity and mounting options you'll need. In this feature we look at some of the latest models to hit the market and whether they will suit your business.
NEC today unveiled two high brightness DLP based multifunction projectors for auditoriums and large conference rooms — the NP4100 and NP4100W. These projectors have advanced features and a dual lamp system that enables high reliability and superior installation flexibility.
Equipped with an extreme-short-throw projection technology the new ViewSonic PJD5351 is capable of producing a 60in image from a distance of only 0.9 metre with a throw ratio of 0.9:1. It has a native resolution of XGA (1024x768), a brightness of 2500 ANSI lumens and a 2400:1 contrast ratio.
Panasonic revealed a loss of US$4bn for the 2008 financial year.
At CeBIT in Sydney, technology company Digislide exhibited its take on the portable projector.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NEC unveils new line of DLP projectors
- ViewSonic launches super short-throw portable projector
- Panasonic reports $4bn loss
- Digislide debuts Digishow ‘pico’ projector at CeBIT
- ViewSonic unveils new compact projector - the PJD5111
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- TPICT Security SpecialistVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia