The Interact S605 is Lexmark’s range-topping inkjet multifunction printer for the home office. Boasting a handy SmartSolutions touch screen and automatic duplexing (double-sided printing), this printer is good for basic printing and offers one-touch ...
Printers & Imaging - Reviews
HP's Photosmart Plus (B209a-m) inkjet multifunction is affordably priced and looks good, but it lacks the print quality of competitors -- and even of its own predecessors. The touch-sensitive control panel is a nice addition. However, some tasks, lik...
Canon’s top-of-the-range PIXMA inkjet multifunction printer has been refreshed and is now armed with integrated wireless and USB flash drive support. The PIXMA MP990 improves on the previous model, though not enough to warrant an upgrade if you alrea...
Konica Minolta's Magicolor 1690MF is a small and affordable colour laser multifunction that's easy to share over a network. Its print speeds and quality won't amaze, but it will certainly suffice if your small business needs to conduct basic black an...
Amateur shutterbugs will find plenty to like with the Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II inkjet photo printer, including great output, A3+ media support and dye-based consumables for printing on glossy media. Unfortunately, the lack of colour configuration ...
The HP LaserJet P3015d is a midpriced monochrome laser printer that doesn't realise its full potential. Though the company touts it as an enterprise model, it's expensive to operate and it has limited connectivity options.
For those needing fast clean text, the simple mono laser has had plenty to offer in recent years. But what if, while the majority of your needs may centre around words, every now again you feel the urge to print in full colour? Colour lasers are usua...
The Brother HL-3070CW colour printer is one of the company’s first to use LED technology. Competing with entry-level colour laser printers, the HL-3070CW is reasonably quick and it's easy to set up.
Canon's entry-level PIXMA MP490 inkjet multifunction lacks the small luxuries of its more expensive counterparts, like an Easy Scroll Wheel, PictBridge USB port and CD/DVD printing. For the price, however, we can't complain; as a basic printer, scann...
We had a hard time trying to find something nice to say about the Fuji Xerox Phaser 3100MFP monochrome laser multifunction. It can print, scan and copy but none of these functions are easy to use.
Canon's PIXMA MP560 is a simple inkjet multifunction that offers sufficient print quality for both documents and family photos. USB and Wi-Fi connectivity make it easy to connect, but it won't print to CDs and DVDs like the HP Photosmart C5380.
HP's Photosmart Premium C309g-m offers many of the features you would expect from an inkjet multifunction in this price range, like Wi-Fi, advanced photo printing functions and even a touch screen. However, it lacks CD/DVD printing and we experienced...
The Prestige Pro805 is Lexmark's newest mid-range business inkjet multifunction. It offers USB, Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity and a multi-card reader supporting SD, MemoryStick, xD and MMC. Its touch screen and SmartSolutions widgets make it easy t...
Canon's PIXMA iX7000 is the company's second business-focussed A3 inkjet printer, and it's one of the most expensive on the market. It is big, slow and noisy but offers automatic duplex and network connectivity, and it produces great quality A4 and A...
Canon's PIXMA MP640 inkjet multifunction improves on its predecessor -- the PIXMA MP630 -- by adding network connectivity, USB flash drive support and a bigger LCD display. This inkjet multifunction retains the same excellent features, ease of use an...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Drupal Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- FTField Deployment EngineerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTDesign Specialist - TelecomNSW
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD