The HP LaserJet Pro m1212nf is a multifunction monochrome laser printer aimed at small businesses and home offices. It's a great choice if you want to print up to 2000 pages per month for a low price, and its scanning and copying features come in han...
Printers & Imaging - Reviews
The HP DeskJet F2480 is an inkjet multifunction printer with a very low initial cost. It's one of the cheapest printers on the market that also has built-in scanning and copying capabilities. Its print quality for monochrome text is acceptable, altho...
The Dell 1133 monochrome multifunction laser printer is surprisingly bulky but offers fast printing. Dell quotes a print speed of up to 22 A4 monochrome text pages per minute, and that's pretty close to the speed we attained during our tests. Print q...
For $299, the Canon Pixma MX870 colour inkjet multifunction printer offers a lot of features and performance for the money, especially for small-office or home-office users. Its ink prices are good, too.
The Canon PIXMA Pro 9500 Mark II is a high-end A3 photo printer that uses pigment-based ink. The PIXMA Pro 9500 Mark II uses 10 individual pigment ink cartridges with separate monochrome ink tanks for grey, gloss black and matte black. To get the mos...
The Fuji Xerox WorkCentre 4250 is a monochrome laser multifunction printer incorporating a 600dpi scanner, a copier and optional fax machine. It is a similar product to the Samsung SCX-5835FN. Its high initial price tag is offset by very cheap consum...
HP's Deskjet F4480 is a multifunction inkjet printer for people who have a small office or work from home. It can print, scan and copy, but it lacks extra features such as a memory card reader and PictBridge.
The Epson Stylus Photo T50 is a mid-priced inkjet printer that delivers impressive text documents and photos. The Stylus Photo T50 is priced around the same point as Canon's PIXMA MP550 and PIXMA MX350. But unlike those printers, the T50 is not a mul...
The Canon PIXMA MX350 is a mid-range inkjet multifunction printer aimed at small or home offices. It has an easy-to-comprehend interface and offers some useful business printing features, such as an automatic document feeder. It's not designed to be ...
The Canon PIXMA MP550 is an inkjet multifunction printer that’s designed for home users. It's more than twice as expensive as the entry-level PIXMA MP270, which also includes scanning and copying abilities. However, it offers noticeably superior phot...
Canon's PIXMA MP270 is one of the cheapest inkjet-based multifunctions on the market. With a price tag of $79 — to throw that into perspective, it's hardly more expensive than buying two full replacement ink cartridges -- it's surprisingly full...
HP's Photosmart B109a is a basic multifunction printer for the home. It has four ink cartridges (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) and a built-in scanner, so you can use it for copying documents in addition to printing them out. However, you shouldn’t ex...
Lexmark's Platinum Pro905 is the company's top-of-the-range inkjet multifunction printer. It offers wireless connectivity and Internet-based widgets to make it easier to print, scan and copy both at home and in the office.
The HP Color Laserjet Enterprise CP4025dn is a workgroup colour laser printer with speed and features to spare.
Epson's Stylus Photo R1900 inkjet photo printer provides useful features for both amateur and professional photographers. It can print on directly onto CD/DVDs and can handle both A3+ media and roll-feed paper, making it a great all-purpose printer f...
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- FTAgile Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Network Architect l Checkpoint firewalls l Cisco ACINSW
- FTSecurity Lead / ConsultantNSW
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Change - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Automation Test AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk ConsultantACT
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager- SAP FICO implementationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTProject AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTFinance AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT