Instead of using small replaceable ink cartridges, the Epson Workforce ET-4550 houses individual ink tanks on the side of the printer. Bundled with the Epson Workforce ET-4550 are the necessary ink bottles. (Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) for multiple years of printing.
Printers & Imaging
The Canon Maxify MB5360 presents itself as a classy looking all-in-one printer with a compact footprint and plenty of versatility. You can use USB, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi to hook it up in your small (or home) office, or you can make use of Wi-Fi direct or Cloud services and apps to print from mobile devices and remote locations. The print technology is inkjet, the recommended output is 1000 pages per month, and the overall efficiency of the printer is quite high.
The Officejet 8620 is an inkjet-based, multifunction colour printer that is aimed at offices. We're talking about home offices or offices with a small workgroup, and offices that typically do a volume between 250-1500 pages per month.
Since the entry price for fully featured printers has come down so much over the last few years, buying a new printer is almost an impulse decision. Canon’s MX496 is one of the printers that fits the buying-before-researching scenario, but it does pay to know what you're getting yourself into with such inexpensive gear.
Orange. That's the colour of the Canon PIXMA MG7560 that we were sent to review, and it sure made some people in the office mad. "Great printer, but I want it in black", they said. Clashing home decor issues aside, the PIXMA MG7560 is indeed a great printer that can produce stunning quality for photographs and colour documents.
Epson calls this an "occasional A3 Multifunction Premium Photo Printer". And I am a reasonably talented -- on a good day -- amateur photographer, shooting a Canon EOS 7D DSLR camera with a variety of quality lens. 'Do we go together?' is the question.
Epson actually calls this multifunction printer a “small-in-one” device. It’s an accurate description considering that the unit consumes a square of less than 40cm on a desk (before its paper tray is extended), which makes it an ideal all-round printer for those of you who don’t want a space hog.
Buying a cheap printer such as the HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One is, for some people, a spur-of-the-moment decision these days, but it still helps to know what you're getting into when buying a sub-$100 printer. The main selling point of this model (apart from being a printer, scanner and copier) is its ability to print your documents and photos from anywhere, as long as you are connected to the Internet.
Brother's MFC-J6920DW is an A3 multifunction centre (MFC) that's designed for those of you who won't always be printing from a computer, but also from mobile devices. It's an inkjet-based device aimed at businesses, and it a has a long list of features, some of which include the word 'cloud'.
Canon's new PIXMA MX516 is an inkjet multifunction printer aimed at home and small business users. It's got a good feature-set for a $139 printer: wireless and wired networking, an automatic document feeder, a fax and printing from iOS and Android devices.
Canon’s Pixma MX892 Wireless Inkjet Office All-In-One color inkjet multifunction printer (for printing, copying, faxing, and scanning) is suitable for a home or very small office. It delivered good output quality in our tests, and supports both automatic duplex printing and scanning.
This buying guide will help you decipher information about inkjet printers and make your choice an easier one.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT