The Kyocera FS-1325MFP is a mono laser printer, colour scanner, colour photocopier and fax machine all rolled into one unit, and it's pitched at the home office and small business markets. It can be used via USB or Ethernet, and it's quite simple to set up and use. Don't expect good output though.
Printers & Imaging
The Samsung ML-2955DW monochrome laser printer is notable for its very low street price (US$150 as of February 8, 2012) and its full network connectivity, namely USB, ethernet, and Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, the expensive toner restricts it to low-volume use.
The Brother MFC-7360N is very speedy when it comes to running off text documents, thanks to a fast first page out time of around ten seconds and a high subsequent print speed of around 22 pages per minute in our testing. It's also got a built-in fax and scanner for copying or digitising documents, although the quality isn't quite up to the flatbeds in more expensive inkjet and laser printers.
The Brother HL-2270DW is a simple mono laser printer. Apart from wireless networking it doesn't have any fancy features -- it does a good job of printing monochrome pages quickly, with a fast time for the first page to be printed and quick overall print speeds. If simple document production is your main purpose and you won't be printing on specialty papers often, then the HL-2270DW is perfect.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is a multifunction LED printer with a 20,000 page per month duty cycle and toner cartridges that last for 1000 A4 sheets. It's cheap and it includes scanning and copying capabilities, making it attractive for small businesses that need to digitise or duplicate documents.
The Kyocera Mita FS-1320D mono laser printer is unlikely to match the feats of the all-conquering Kyocera FS-C5100DN, but it's a very competitive and flexible printer for anyone who values reliable mono printing over all else.
The HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf is a multifunction monochrome laser printer with an inbuilt fax, scanner, copier and 35-sheet automatic document feeder. Its large input tray and high capacity regular toner cartridges makes it good for users that don't want to be constantly refilling paper or consumables. It has a low recommended monthly page volume, but unless you're running a paper-heavy medium business this shouldn't be a concern.
The Dell 5230dn monochrome laser printer may cost more up front, but its speed and expandability make it an excellent choice for a medium-size workgroup.
The HP LaserJet Pro P1102w is a basic monochrome laser printer with a few surprises, namely better-than-expected speed and Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, its pricey toner offsets its very affordable purchase price.
The Fuji Xerox Phaser 3160N is a budget monochrome laser printer. It doesn't have any multifunction features like scanning or copying, but for its $199 price you get a printer that’s simple to operate and maintain. It prints text documents quickly and clearly, but it does have a couple of flaws: it lacks a status screen and its printing of greyscale images is mediocre.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Voice & VideoACT
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW