Bracketing is the practice of taking several photos instead of just one, but varying the exposure a little in each shot. Learn this old photography pro's trick for dealing with light conditions.
PC World Business
With so many file formats in common use, how do you know which is the right one for you? We'll tell you the difference between lossy and lossless and how to choose between the two.
Learn about megapixels, compression, file formats, and putting it all together.
Depth of field is the region in a picture that's in sharp focus. So how do you control the depth of field in your own photos? It's easy, once you understand the three factors that contribute to depth of field: aperture setting, focal length, and the ...
White balance filters measure the quality of the light hitting the sensor in your digital camera and automatically adjusts the image so the colours in the final picture are consistent. Good balance yields better colour photos. Learn all about it.
Softening the focus helps hide wrinkles, age lines, and skin blemishes, but it can also be used to give a somewhat dreamy quality to any subject. Read on to find a few ways to add soft focus to your own pictures.
How to get the best photographic print results from your inkjet printer.
Although your 8 megapixel camera may take great shots, what's the point if you're never going to print them to their full potential? Read on to find out how to resize manually or with tools, for e-mail or for the Web.
Your photo archives are in danger as prints fade and the emulsion on slides and negatives dry out and deteriorate. If you want to be able to pass your photos on to future generations, you'll have to do it digitally. Scanning is the way.
A colour profile defines the range of colours that can appear in a digital photo. They've been developed to apply consistency to the way images are displayed. Read on to find out what type of profile you need to use to improve your digital photos.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Toshiba's swanky Satellite Radius 12 laptop is brimming with cutting-edge features
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC