Bracketing is the practice of taking several photos instead of just one, but varying the exposure a little in each shot. Learn this old photography pro's trick for dealing with light conditions.
PC World Business
With so many file formats in common use, how do you know which is the right one for you? We'll tell you the difference between lossy and lossless and how to choose between the two.
Learn about megapixels, compression, file formats, and putting it all together.
Depth of field is the region in a picture that's in sharp focus. So how do you control the depth of field in your own photos? It's easy, once you understand the three factors that contribute to depth of field: aperture setting, focal length, and the ...
White balance filters measure the quality of the light hitting the sensor in your digital camera and automatically adjusts the image so the colours in the final picture are consistent. Good balance yields better colour photos. Learn all about it.
Softening the focus helps hide wrinkles, age lines, and skin blemishes, but it can also be used to give a somewhat dreamy quality to any subject. Read on to find a few ways to add soft focus to your own pictures.
How to get the best photographic print results from your inkjet printer.
Although your 8 megapixel camera may take great shots, what's the point if you're never going to print them to their full potential? Read on to find out how to resize manually or with tools, for e-mail or for the Web.
Your photo archives are in danger as prints fade and the emulsion on slides and negatives dry out and deteriorate. If you want to be able to pass your photos on to future generations, you'll have to do it digitally. Scanning is the way.
A colour profile defines the range of colours that can appear in a digital photo. They've been developed to apply consistency to the way images are displayed. Read on to find out what type of profile you need to use to improve your digital photos.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
- Google to feature user recommendations in ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD