Bracketing is the practice of taking several photos instead of just one, but varying the exposure a little in each shot. Learn this old photography pro's trick for dealing with light conditions.
PC World Business
With so many file formats in common use, how do you know which is the right one for you? We'll tell you the difference between lossy and lossless and how to choose between the two.
Learn about megapixels, compression, file formats, and putting it all together.
Depth of field is the region in a picture that's in sharp focus. So how do you control the depth of field in your own photos? It's easy, once you understand the three factors that contribute to depth of field: aperture setting, focal length, and the ...
White balance filters measure the quality of the light hitting the sensor in your digital camera and automatically adjusts the image so the colours in the final picture are consistent. Good balance yields better colour photos. Learn all about it.
Softening the focus helps hide wrinkles, age lines, and skin blemishes, but it can also be used to give a somewhat dreamy quality to any subject. Read on to find a few ways to add soft focus to your own pictures.
How to get the best photographic print results from your inkjet printer.
Although your 8 megapixel camera may take great shots, what's the point if you're never going to print them to their full potential? Read on to find out how to resize manually or with tools, for e-mail or for the Web.
Your photo archives are in danger as prints fade and the emulsion on slides and negatives dry out and deteriorate. If you want to be able to pass your photos on to future generations, you'll have to do it digitally. Scanning is the way.
A colour profile defines the range of colours that can appear in a digital photo. They've been developed to apply consistency to the way images are displayed. Read on to find out what type of profile you need to use to improve your digital photos.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Toshiba's swanky Satellite Radius 12 laptop is brimming with cutting-edge features
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia