New and improved storage, networking, remote access, BYOD, and server administration features make the R2 upgrade
Servers & Storage
A punched card was once the basis for digital information used for computer programs and data storage. They were widely used throughout the first half of the 20th century in processing machines to input data and to store it. Punch cards could be fed into the first commercial computer, IBM 305 system, which then stored the data on hard disks
Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
External hard drives are now cheaper than ever, with prices catching up to the internal HDD market. If your dad is a hoarder of digital content, why not grab him an external hard drive this Father's Day? This will save him the trouble of jamming another hard drive into his computer tower -- instead he can take his movies, photos and music files wherever he goes. Here are some of the biggest bargains we've seen online.
Here are 10 things we love/hate about cloud automation tools.
Over the years, people have tried to transfer information from one computer to another in a dizzying number of ways. Here's a look at some of the best, along with others that time forgot.
Brave users of history's earliest computers programmed those massive electronic beasts through jumper wires plugged into arrays of sockets.
To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Seagate put together a museum of hard drives that reach back to the company's inception.
CES may have "consumer" right in its name, but this year's show featured plenty of hot new products aimed squarely at small and midsized businesses.
The Worldskills Australia regional competition in PC and Network Support took place at the Mount Druitt College, TAFE NSW Western Sydney Institute, last week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Toshiba's swanky Satellite Radius 12 laptop is brimming with cutting-edge features
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD