A new generation of faster, cheaper flash storage is hitting the enterprise market and will be in the spotlight this week at the Flash Memory Summit conference.
Servers & Storage
The World Wide Web Consortium has finalized its specification for Web Storage, a technology that would give Web applications more flexibility in storing data on user machines.
Oracle is continuing to crack down on companies it claims are providing support services for its products in an illegal fashion.
Dropbox is adding a suite of features to its file-hosting services to provide more syncing tools for app developers and make it easier for end users to access their data across devices.
A preview version of Windows Server 2012 R2 is now out, complete with a nag feature aimed at administrators.
New and improved storage, networking, remote access, BYOD, and server administration features make the R2 upgrade
Box, the red-hot provider of the eponymous cloud storage and file-sharing service, will boost the collaboration capabilities of its product in the next 18 months, and could become a publicly traded company next year or in 2015.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved for public use a Google database that shows so-called spectrum white spaces available for mobile broadband devices.
Microsoft is preparing to launch a new version of its Dynamics CRM (customer relationship management) software that will include improved mobile applications and integrations with Yammer, Skype and the company's MarketingPilot marketing automation so...
A previously misunderstood magnetic phenomenon has been apparently explained by a paper published on Sunday in Nature Materials – and the explanation could lead to wholesale transformation in magnetic storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPPMO Lead - Large Government Dept - 12 Month ContractQLD
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW