A government-funded Taiwanese research institute says it will have phase-change memory products out within three years, while another memory technology to rival DRAM (dynamic RAM), magnetoresistive RAM (MRAM), may be available by the end of 2008.
Servers & Storage
Sun Microsystems this week released its next generation of multicore chip technology, the Niagara 2 processor, which it says more than doubles the performance of its predecessor chip. Sun also disclosed that the next version of the chip, the 16-core ...
The industry group behind UWB (ultrawideband) high-speed wireless has certified the first UWB chipsets, a move that helps usher in technologies including wireless USB and the next generation of Bluetooth.
In 2003, the US Department of Energy's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) installed a US$25 million supercomputing system with about 2,000 of Intel's Itanium 2 processors. At the time, the machine was recognized as the world's fifth most po...
Despite rack servers' lead over blades in terms of market sales, IT giant Hewlett-Packard touts the blade as "the future of servers" for the midsize market. During the recent launch of the HP BladeSystem c3000, dubbed "Shorty," meant to address the ...
Messaging vendor PostPath Monday added a variety of client options and upgraded the mobile support in its Linux-based replica of Microsoft Exchange server.
UK-based Internet service provider Ecological Hosting is powering its data centre with sunshine.
Looking to boost sales to businesses running Apple's Macintosh computers, Iomega at the Apple Expo 2007 conference in Paris this week unveiled two new external dual-drive products and added three new products to the existing UltraMax product line.
VMware Wednesday released the first beta of Fusion 1.1, the newest version of its virtualization software that lets Mac owners run Windows on their Intel-powered computers.
Tuesday's afternoon sessions at Demo 07 in the US offered up an instructive look behind the scenes at the enabling technologies that will drive high tech's future capabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- iPhones are about to get plugged into enterprises with Cisco's help
- Is VR ready for business use? Six industries getting to grips with virtual reality
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA