A government-funded Taiwanese research institute says it will have phase-change memory products out within three years, while another memory technology to rival DRAM (dynamic RAM), magnetoresistive RAM (MRAM), may be available by the end of 2008.
Servers & Storage
Sun Microsystems this week released its next generation of multicore chip technology, the Niagara 2 processor, which it says more than doubles the performance of its predecessor chip. Sun also disclosed that the next version of the chip, the 16-core ...
The industry group behind UWB (ultrawideband) high-speed wireless has certified the first UWB chipsets, a move that helps usher in technologies including wireless USB and the next generation of Bluetooth.
In 2003, the US Department of Energy's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) installed a US$25 million supercomputing system with about 2,000 of Intel's Itanium 2 processors. At the time, the machine was recognized as the world's fifth most po...
Despite rack servers' lead over blades in terms of market sales, IT giant Hewlett-Packard touts the blade as "the future of servers" for the midsize market. During the recent launch of the HP BladeSystem c3000, dubbed "Shorty," meant to address the ...
Messaging vendor PostPath Monday added a variety of client options and upgraded the mobile support in its Linux-based replica of Microsoft Exchange server.
UK-based Internet service provider Ecological Hosting is powering its data centre with sunshine.
Looking to boost sales to businesses running Apple's Macintosh computers, Iomega at the Apple Expo 2007 conference in Paris this week unveiled two new external dual-drive products and added three new products to the existing UltraMax product line.
VMware Wednesday released the first beta of Fusion 1.1, the newest version of its virtualization software that lets Mac owners run Windows on their Intel-powered computers.
Tuesday's afternoon sessions at Demo 07 in the US offered up an instructive look behind the scenes at the enabling technologies that will drive high tech's future capabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- Are you ready for the enterprise wearables boom?
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC