A government-funded Taiwanese research institute says it will have phase-change memory products out within three years, while another memory technology to rival DRAM (dynamic RAM), magnetoresistive RAM (MRAM), may be available by the end of 2008.
Servers & Storage
Sun Microsystems this week released its next generation of multicore chip technology, the Niagara 2 processor, which it says more than doubles the performance of its predecessor chip. Sun also disclosed that the next version of the chip, the 16-core ...
The industry group behind UWB (ultrawideband) high-speed wireless has certified the first UWB chipsets, a move that helps usher in technologies including wireless USB and the next generation of Bluetooth.
In 2003, the US Department of Energy's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) installed a US$25 million supercomputing system with about 2,000 of Intel's Itanium 2 processors. At the time, the machine was recognized as the world's fifth most po...
Despite rack servers' lead over blades in terms of market sales, IT giant Hewlett-Packard touts the blade as "the future of servers" for the midsize market. During the recent launch of the HP BladeSystem c3000, dubbed "Shorty," meant to address the ...
Messaging vendor PostPath Monday added a variety of client options and upgraded the mobile support in its Linux-based replica of Microsoft Exchange server.
UK-based Internet service provider Ecological Hosting is powering its data centre with sunshine.
Looking to boost sales to businesses running Apple's Macintosh computers, Iomega at the Apple Expo 2007 conference in Paris this week unveiled two new external dual-drive products and added three new products to the existing UltraMax product line.
VMware Wednesday released the first beta of Fusion 1.1, the newest version of its virtualization software that lets Mac owners run Windows on their Intel-powered computers.
Tuesday's afternoon sessions at Demo 07 in the US offered up an instructive look behind the scenes at the enabling technologies that will drive high tech's future capabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
- Facebook says yes, your posts can be used for ads
- ATM malware may spread from Mexico to English-speaking world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW