Samsung Electronics is moving towards commercialization of solid-state disk drives (SSDs) that use the high-speed SATA II interface, the company said this week.
Servers & Storage
Hewlett-Packard began taking preorders for its MediaSmart Server, the first system from a major manufacturer powered by Microsoft's Windows Home Server (WHS) software.
A U.K. data recovery organization has warned Apple Macbook users that they risk potential data loss due to a design flaw on certain hard drives.
Western Digital this week announced that it has begun shipping its new WD Scorpio 2.5-in. SATA hard drive to computer manufacturers.
Microsoft this week laid out an ambitious SOA roadmap around a set of technologies code-named Oslo that will be blended into its middleware, development, and management tools and some of its emerging enterprise online services.
Wachovia is working on a project of staggering scope: A 3-D map of the firm's data-center operations.
The humble USB drive could soon be using a new type of memory thanks to research from the Arizona State University.
Hitachi has launched what it says is the world's most energy-efficient desktop hard disk drive.
While the improvements to Mac OS X Leopard desktop are said to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary, the enhancements to Apple's Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Server are impressive and include features ordinarily reserved for large enterprises.
Start-up Seanodes is touting technology that congregates the direct-attached disks on x86-based application servers into pools of storage so they can be managed better and achieve higher utilization.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
- Google to feature user recommendations in ads
- Cisco patches vulnerabilities in some security appliances, switches and routers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC