Samsung Electronics is moving towards commercialization of solid-state disk drives (SSDs) that use the high-speed SATA II interface, the company said this week.
Servers & Storage
Hewlett-Packard began taking preorders for its MediaSmart Server, the first system from a major manufacturer powered by Microsoft's Windows Home Server (WHS) software.
A U.K. data recovery organization has warned Apple Macbook users that they risk potential data loss due to a design flaw on certain hard drives.
Western Digital this week announced that it has begun shipping its new WD Scorpio 2.5-in. SATA hard drive to computer manufacturers.
Microsoft this week laid out an ambitious SOA roadmap around a set of technologies code-named Oslo that will be blended into its middleware, development, and management tools and some of its emerging enterprise online services.
Wachovia is working on a project of staggering scope: A 3-D map of the firm's data-center operations.
The humble USB drive could soon be using a new type of memory thanks to research from the Arizona State University.
Hitachi has launched what it says is the world's most energy-efficient desktop hard disk drive.
While the improvements to Mac OS X Leopard desktop are said to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary, the enhancements to Apple's Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Server are impressive and include features ordinarily reserved for large enterprises.
Start-up Seanodes is touting technology that congregates the direct-attached disks on x86-based application servers into pools of storage so they can be managed better and achieve higher utilization.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- Are you ready for the enterprise wearables boom?
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC