The next version of the USB connector will accept the plug either way up, the USB 3.0 Promoter Group said Tuesday.
Servers & Storage
Toshiba has offered to buy the assets of OCZ Technology, a solid-state drive manufacturer on the verge of bankruptcy.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Western Digital’s (WD) flash storage expansion drive has moved through yet another phase, with the storage vendor announcing it has completed its acquisition of Virident Systems for $US685 million.
WD today announced a new line of Sentinel Windows-based servers that make use of Intel’s Xeon CPUs. The news models are the WD Sentinel DS5100 and DS6100 (which are called the S Series), and they are an improvement over the company’s previous Sentine...
Agribusiness giant Monsanto is paying US$930 million to acquire the Climate Corporation, maker of a software platform that crunches weather-related data in order to help farmers more effectively grow crops.
Silicon Graphics International has acquired storage company, Filetek, as the server maker looks to provide customers with better control over petabytes of stored data in high-performance computing environments.
Intel has partnered with startup TSO Logic in a move that should give more companies tools to track how much power their server applications consume.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Oracle is offering a series of new services that position it as a one-stop shop for all things cloud and directly target the likes of Amazon Web Services and Salesforce.com.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
- Facebook says yes, your posts can be used for ads
- ATM malware may spread from Mexico to English-speaking world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW