Scalability has been the buzzword for data warehousing vendors over the past several years, with the standout questions being, how many petabytes of data can I store? And how many servers and nodes?
Servers & Storage
Even tech companies need an IT overhaul from time to time. Case in point: Last year, a Canadian software developer (who preferred to remain nameless for the purposes of this story) called my team at Microtek to give its server room a badly needed upg...
Lost a thumb drive with important data on it? Check with your dry cleaner. A survey by a U.K.-based company shows that in the last year, 4,500 USB flash drives were forgotten in pockets of clothes left at the dry cleaners, and thousands more handheld...
To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Seagate put together a museum of hard drives that reach back to the company's inception.
Google's introduction of free online storage for any type of file serves as a reminder that storing a gigabyte of data in the Internet cloud can vary in price from free to US$3.50 per, and that's just what Google charges its customers.
In the coming weeks, Google Docs users will be able to store more of their important files online, where they can access them easily and share them with others, according to a Tuesday post on The Official Google Blog.
Google has unveiled plans today to allow Google Docs to store any type of files, and revealed a new tool from Memeo to enable users to access, migrate, and synchronize files between their desktop and Google Docs. These announcements signify a broader...
When you're in front of your PC, waiting for something to transfer to removable media, that's when seconds feel like minutes, and minutes feel like hours.
Here is a wager I bet I will win. How many of us took a photo, saved a video, or downloaded a music track and have no clue where it's hiding today? Maybe it's buried somewhere on your PC's hard drive or in one of dozen external drives.
The Western Digital My Book 3.0 desktop external drive will be one of the first to market with the new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. Announced today, the 1TB version is available for sale today; the 2TB is due later this week. So does USB 3.0 deliver...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Scientists can now make lithium-ion batteries last a lifetime
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
- 7 myths about the Bitcoin blockchain
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW