Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mi...
Servers & Storage
IBM's new mainframe is on display at this week's SHARE conference in Boston, a testament to the relevancy of the big iron in today's enterprise IT environments. Amid the excitement over IBM's mainframe makeover, however, IT pros are concerned about t...
Kristine Harper and her father, Tom, both work on mainframe computers. BOSTON - Kristine Harper was about 12-years-old when her father took her to his office to take part of a "take your daughter to work day." Tom Harper said his daughter was less t...
Near the turn of the century, data centers were only beginning to implement Fibre Channel storage-area networks (SAN), with most relying on direct-attached storage (DAS). Data utilization rates were abysmal, with data centers on average using just 25...
Seagate has announced a new network attached storage (NAS) drive for the 'Terabyte home', the GoFlex Home.
Companies interested in taking advantage of what cloud computing has to offer, but reluctant to trust sensitive information off-site now have a new alternative with Microsoft's Windows Azure Platform appliance. Microsoft has teamed up with strategic ...
Apple is getting close to launching a cloud-based version of iTunes that supports wireless streaming music and movies and wireless syncing, according to new reports on the effort first reported earlier this year.
Seagate announced a breakthrough in hard drive storage -- blowing past the previous 2.2 Terabyte limitation to develop the first 3Tb hard drive. While that is impressive from a technology standpoint, 3Tb is a lot of data to entrust to a single device...
External hard drives are now cheaper than ever, with prices catching up to the internal HDD market. If your dad is a hoarder of digital content, why not grab him an external hard drive this Father's Day? This will save him the trouble of jamming anot...
MobileMe has always seemed like a hard sell in the consumer market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC