You can forget inventions like air conditioning, television, the computer and the Internet. The single most important invention of the 20th century was the transistor, according to some researchers and analysts.
Servers & Storage
Next to a laptop's screen, the hard drive is one of the most sensitive parts you need to be concerned with. Samsung's new SSD (solid state disk) replaces a hard disk drive with flash memory (NAND flash, to be precise). The result: a more reliable, qu...
With Halloween approaching I thought it appropriate to share some bewitching IT stories from some of the ghosts (those who want to remain anonymous) and goblins (proud to take credit for their ghoulish tales) belonging to Encompass,HP's largest enter...
A look at the greatest all time Data Center controversies in the history of the networking industry.
Solid-state drives may replace hard drives as future storage devices on computers, but not until their price plummets.
Designed by renowned industrial designer Ora-Ito, LaCie's Golden Disk hard drive is one classy 500 GB Hard Drive. Using high-speed USB 2 technology, the Golden Disk is sleek, fanless, and stylish. The outside finish contains some real gold, making th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Scientists can now make lithium-ion batteries last a lifetime
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC