The Ontario Cancer Institute in Canada has deployed what it's calling Canada's fastest research supercomputer to help discover more effective cancer treatments.
Servers & Storage
Though sometimes it's hard to pin down exactly who deserves the credit — or blame — here's a shot a some of the more familiar terms.
The little USB stick on your keychain and the memory in your iPod is fueling a revolution in the enterprise storage world.
As storage capacities continue to climb skyward, the retail price of internal and external hard disk drives has plummeted in the opposite direction. This is good news for consumers, who can now save up to 50 per cent on the original price of some 1TB...
For those of us who make our living behind a keyboard in IT, it's hard to imagine a more time-tested vulnerability than the end-user. Armed with network access, these IT viruses wreak havoc nearly everywhere you look -- havoc borne of tech idiocy.
Down economy or not, the growing appetite for enterprise data storage won't be sated anytime soon, if ever. The rise of data-heavy multimedia files, new customer touchpoints, evolving reporting and compliance standards and other trends are contributi...
Most USB 2.0 flash drives look the same, but that doesn't mean they perform the same.
Virtualization has gotten into many nooks and crannies of IT infrastructure, but some of the available vendor technology is half-baked, according to a recent report from Forrester Research. According to Forrester, as of Q2 2008, server and client vir...
The buzzword: cloud computing. The technique harnesses servers' power to share the workload, run Web-based Google apps or combine CPUs for cancer research and countless other noble causes. Brace for one more use: games. The Sci Fi Network has just an...
UK organization says agencies must combine PDF/A with a comprehensive records management program and formally established records policies
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) review: Raising the bar
- 2 Xiaomi Mi4 review: Xiaomi's best yet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note Edge review: Lightly flawed, Undeniably special
- 4 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 5 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Privacy tsar to EC: Wrap up EU-US data exchange talks quickly or else
- Mass surveillance 'endangers fundamental human rights,' says study
- Developers begin work on LibreOffice for Android
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, January 27
- Computer simulation eases real-world Chinese traffic jams
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.