For many customers, selecting an internal storage device often means having to make the choice between a solid state drive and a hard drive. This can lead to compromises: if they want speed, they will forego capacity; if they want capacity, they will...
Servers & Storage
The storage market is a highly competitive and, at times, complicated space for the enterprise with plenty of choice and a vast array of products. That can make finding the right solution difficult.
While it's easy to make a thin SSD for low-profile laptops and other mobile computing devices, NAND memory isn't cheap. Designers are constantly faced with a choice between capacity and affordability. That's why the Seagate Laptop Ultrathin HDD is bi...
There are more than a few critics of cloud computing, even at PCWorld; I'm probably one of them. But I've been turning over in my mind different perspectives on the cloud. I've tried to set aside the views of the IT executive, who seems to dominate t...
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
A punched card was once the basis for digital information used for computer programs and data storage. They were widely used throughout the first half of the 20th century in processing machines to input data and to store it. Punch cards could be fed ...
For years, using voice recognition technology on phones or other devices has been a novelty -- something people try once but never again, usually because it works so poorly. But recent developments, including harnessing the computational power of the...
Microsoft has been paying more attention lately to the small business audience, as well as the cloud. With the "Aurora" Small Business Server (SBS)--officially named Small Business Server 2011 Essentials, Microsoft delivers a solution that brings the...
Market research firm IDC makes a number of tech-related predictions near the end of every calendar year, but its prognostications for 2011 may well be among the company's most dramatic yet.
If you thought USB drives were only for attaching to desktop or laptop computers, think again. Various manufacturers provide ways to connect such drives to your network, so you can retrieve files stored on them from across your network, or even via t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC