For many customers, selecting an internal storage device often means having to make the choice between a solid state drive and a hard drive. This can lead to compromises: if they want speed, they will forego capacity; if they want capacity, they will...
Servers & Storage
The storage market is a highly competitive and, at times, complicated space for the enterprise with plenty of choice and a vast array of products. That can make finding the right solution difficult.
While it's easy to make a thin SSD for low-profile laptops and other mobile computing devices, NAND memory isn't cheap. Designers are constantly faced with a choice between capacity and affordability. That's why the Seagate Laptop Ultrathin HDD is bi...
There are more than a few critics of cloud computing, even at PCWorld; I'm probably one of them. But I've been turning over in my mind different perspectives on the cloud. I've tried to set aside the views of the IT executive, who seems to dominate t...
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
A punched card was once the basis for digital information used for computer programs and data storage. They were widely used throughout the first half of the 20th century in processing machines to input data and to store it. Punch cards could be fed ...
For years, using voice recognition technology on phones or other devices has been a novelty -- something people try once but never again, usually because it works so poorly. But recent developments, including harnessing the computational power of the...
Microsoft has been paying more attention lately to the small business audience, as well as the cloud. With the "Aurora" Small Business Server (SBS)--officially named Small Business Server 2011 Essentials, Microsoft delivers a solution that brings the...
Market research firm IDC makes a number of tech-related predictions near the end of every calendar year, but its prognostications for 2011 may well be among the company's most dramatic yet.
If you thought USB drives were only for attaching to desktop or laptop computers, think again. Various manufacturers provide ways to connect such drives to your network, so you can retrieve files stored on them from across your network, or even via t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- Are you ready for the enterprise wearables boom?
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW