For many customers, selecting an internal storage device often means having to make the choice between a solid state drive and a hard drive. This can lead to compromises: if they want speed, they will forego capacity; if they want capacity, they will...
Servers & Storage
The storage market is a highly competitive and, at times, complicated space for the enterprise with plenty of choice and a vast array of products. That can make finding the right solution difficult.
While it's easy to make a thin SSD for low-profile laptops and other mobile computing devices, NAND memory isn't cheap. Designers are constantly faced with a choice between capacity and affordability. That's why the Seagate Laptop Ultrathin HDD is bi...
There are more than a few critics of cloud computing, even at PCWorld; I'm probably one of them. But I've been turning over in my mind different perspectives on the cloud. I've tried to set aside the views of the IT executive, who seems to dominate t...
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
A punched card was once the basis for digital information used for computer programs and data storage. They were widely used throughout the first half of the 20th century in processing machines to input data and to store it. Punch cards could be fed ...
For years, using voice recognition technology on phones or other devices has been a novelty -- something people try once but never again, usually because it works so poorly. But recent developments, including harnessing the computational power of the...
Microsoft has been paying more attention lately to the small business audience, as well as the cloud. With the "Aurora" Small Business Server (SBS)--officially named Small Business Server 2011 Essentials, Microsoft delivers a solution that brings the...
Market research firm IDC makes a number of tech-related predictions near the end of every calendar year, but its prognostications for 2011 may well be among the company's most dramatic yet.
If you thought USB drives were only for attaching to desktop or laptop computers, think again. Various manufacturers provide ways to connect such drives to your network, so you can retrieve files stored on them from across your network, or even via t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Scientists can now make lithium-ion batteries last a lifetime
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC