A virus though to have died out years ago is believed to have infected up to 100,000 laptops during manufacture by German vendor Medion.
A potential database breach of the online florist, Roses Only, may have resulted in the theft of sensitive information, including customers credit card details.
Microsoft is forcing Windows Live and MSN Messenger users to upgrade to the newest version due to a security update included in that release, according to a posting on a Microsoft blog.
A Las Vegas man has agreed to plead guilty to wire fraud for impersonating an intellectual property lawyer and threatening to sue owners of certain Internet domain names.
A new version of the IcePack hacker tool kit has been released and for the first time it includes attack code designed to exploit an unpatched, or zero-day, Microsoft vulnerability.
Trend Micro said Tuesday it is teaming with startup Third Brigade to integrate its intrusion-prevention system capability into Trend Micro's OfficeScan endpoint-security product.
Microsoft has denied it has switched on an anti-piracy measure in Windows Vista that would result in a "black screen of darkness" for unlicensed OEM copies of the operating system but the software giant did not rule out turning it on in the future.
Microsoft has issued four security bulletins that patched just four vulnerabilities in Windows, Visual Studio and the MSN and Windows Live Messenger software, setting a 2007 record for the fewest flaws fixed in a monthly scheduled update.
While fighting cybercrime has become a bigger problem for law enforcement over the past 10 years, given increased involvement from organized-crime groups, officials are seeing some results from recent legislation and international coordination effort...
August was a busy month for spammers, with junk e-mail levels reaching nearly 70 percent of all messages sent -- despite the quick decline of a new type of spam.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- Are you ready for the enterprise wearables boom?
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW