A wave of attacks targeting Microsoft's Office 2003 last year taught the company some tough security lessons it's now aggressively applying, a Microsoft software engineer said Friday.
The Australian Government has tabled a bill that will increase the power of police to ban websites that they deem crime or terrorism related.
A hacker who discovered a recently-patched QuickTime flaw affecting the Firefox browser says he has found an equally serious flaw in Adobe Systems' PDF file format.
A Vietnam War memorial Web site run by veterans was defaced in recent days by a "hacker" who left messages attacking the US, Israel, Armenia and the Kurds, the Washington Post reported in Thursday's issue.
Digital rights management (DRM) technology used in MP3s, DVDs, and most consumer software may be violating Canadian privacy laws, according to a new report.
Paypal security chief Michael Barrett isn't ready to claim a victory in the fight against phishing schemes, but he said that his company is slowly turning the tide using a set of new partnerships and technological means.
Server hosting vendor Layered Technologies admitted this week that hackers broke into its support database and made off with as many as 6,000 client records, including login information that could give criminals access to clients' servers.
More than a year after claiming to have found a way to take over a Macintosh computer using a flaw in the system's wireless card, David Maynor has published details of his exploit.
Attack code that targets Yahoo Messenger has been published on the Internet, a security researcher warned Wednesday, marking the ninth exploit aimed at the popular instant messaging software so far this year.
Hackers can wield malicious Windows Media Player files to exploit any unpatched Internet Explorer (IE) vulnerability on a PC -- even if the user relies on Firefox, Opera or some other Web browser, a UK security researcher said yesterday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Hands-on: Microsoft Teams brings the best and worst of Office to team-building
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- White House: A.I. will be critical driver of U.S. economy
- Google rebrands cloud services 'Google Cloud' and 'G Suite'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT