One can only hope that security software provider Trend Micro saw a nice sales boost after the proclamation of its chairman earlier this week that Android phones are more vulnerable to hacking than iPhones are. If it didn't, those blatantly self-serv...
Microsoft is easing in to 2011 with a light Patch Tuesday for January. There are only two security bulletins this month, and only one of those two is rated as Critical by Microsoft.
The dawn of the new millennium prompted fears about the future, but so far reality has not quite matched the predictions of catastrophe. The first ten years passed uneventfully--well, aside from Y2K and a bunch of intelligent computer viruses. Here's...
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
When the popular Web site Gawker was hacked into recently, more than a million user IDs and passwords were released. If you were one of the people compromised that's annoying -- very annoying. Not that it's a big deal that someone could log into a go...
This end-of-year article is a looking forward one -- looking forward to a year in which the Internet will be under a multi-pronged attack that threatens to change it irrevocably in ways that may destroy much of the Internet's potential.
It's been All WikiLeaks, All the Time here in Cringeville lately. And why not? As I noted last time out, this is the biggest thing to hit the WebberNets since Tim Berners Lee dreamed it up 20 years ago. We're still unraveling the implications and pro...
In recent weeks WikiLeaks has been targeted by denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, had its hosting service shutdown, been bounced off of Amazon hosting, had its funding through PayPal, MasterCard and other sources shut down, and its leader arrested on s...
Perhaps you've heard that the Apple Mac OS X operating system is simply more secure by design and not prone to the security flaws and vulnerabilities that plague the dominant Microsoft Windows operating system? Well, don't believe the hype. Apple unl...
The code was released to the public for a new social network designed to deliver the benefits of Facebook without the privacy concerns. The project--called Diaspora--also has potential as a tool for businesses to create their own social networks, but...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pirates will stay pirates, even after Windows 10 upgrade
- Microsoft reveals who gets Windows 10, and how
- Microsoft takes extraordinary step, will give pirates free Windows 10 upgrade
- Anything but IE: Microsoft searches for new browser's name
- Intel’s Core M silences the Asus ZenBook UX305
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW