Woz, Word and War Games
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
The Bug Labs BUG is a modular, open-source gadget that allows users to create their own combinations of plug-in modules, and then customise software to take advantage of the functionality offered.
Intel's 2Go PC is another upcoming entrant to the market of ultra-budget laptops, aimed at the education sector.
At 3.4 kilograms, the Apple IIc portable computer was the MacBook Air of 1984. Ever wonder what makes up a vintage classic? We took one apart to find out.
Take a sneak-peak at Intel's next generation CPU, which looks like it will be a monster, on paper at least. Taking a leaf out of AMD's book, the new CPU brings onboard its own memory controller, it embraces a three-level cache, and the front side bus is replaced by a point-to-point interconnect.
When the Eee PC first landed on the Australian market in December, it made huge waves due to its low price and ultraportable size.
Making a big splash in the ultraportable notebook category is Lenovo's latest Thinkpad model the X300. Measuring 19mm at its thinnest point and weighing just 1.3 kilograms it is one of the smallest and lightest computing solutions on the market.
The latest and hottest notebooks displayed at the Consumer Electronics Show at its full glory with the latest technology to hit our shores in the coming months.
Quick looks at the coolest new devices for the Apple fans in your life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia