Cray is building a supercomputer for the University of Edinburgh in Scotland that will deliver petaflops of performance, which could put it on a future list of top supercomputers.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to turn around its financial struggles in the third quarter, saying it will record significant revenue growth and return to profit after reporting a loss and drop in revenue during the second quarter.
A rebound for IBM failed to materialise in the second quarter, as profit and sales declined along with a slump in revenue from hardware and services.
Weakness in the global economy, component shortages, sluggish demand for Windows 8 and the popularity of tablets all contributed to another double-digit percentage decline for the global PC market in the second quarter.
Boston University is seeking to ban Apple from selling some of its products, besides demanding damages for the alleged infringement of a semiconductor patent invented by a university professor.
Apple's third-quarter earnings will be disclosed in an Apple financial results conference call on 23 July.
Gartner has lowered its expectations for growth this year in global IT spending, saying it will rise 2 per cent to $US3.7 trillion. Earlier this year, the analyst firm predicted 2013 growth of 4.1 per cent.
Geekbench seems to have some benchmarks for the new Mac Pro - even though the new pro Mac won't launch until later this year - and they suggest that the new Mac Pro will be much, much faster than the current Mac Pro.
Monday, the Internet buzzed and rumbled with news that Samsung planned to drop out of the desktop PC market. Tuesday, Samsung poured cold water on the report.
Gartner is giving the thumbs up to Windows 8.1, crediting the operating system refresh with overcoming the major downsides of Windows 8.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
- Google to feature user recommendations in ads
- Cisco patches vulnerabilities in some security appliances, switches and routers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW