If it wasn't already apparent, next-generation Windows RT tablets are not getting support from any tablet maker other than Microsoft itself.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Cray is building a supercomputer for the University of Edinburgh in Scotland that will deliver petaflops of performance, which could put it on a future list of top supercomputers.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to turn around its financial struggles in the third quarter, saying it will record significant revenue growth and return to profit after reporting a loss and drop in revenue during the second quarter.
A rebound for IBM failed to materialise in the second quarter, as profit and sales declined along with a slump in revenue from hardware and services.
Weakness in the global economy, component shortages, sluggish demand for Windows 8 and the popularity of tablets all contributed to another double-digit percentage decline for the global PC market in the second quarter.
Boston University is seeking to ban Apple from selling some of its products, besides demanding damages for the alleged infringement of a semiconductor patent invented by a university professor.
Apple's third-quarter earnings will be disclosed in an Apple financial results conference call on 23 July.
Gartner has lowered its expectations for growth this year in global IT spending, saying it will rise 2 per cent to $US3.7 trillion. Earlier this year, the analyst firm predicted 2013 growth of 4.1 per cent.
Geekbench seems to have some benchmarks for the new Mac Pro - even though the new pro Mac won't launch until later this year - and they suggest that the new Mac Pro will be much, much faster than the current Mac Pro.
Monday, the Internet buzzed and rumbled with news that Samsung planned to drop out of the desktop PC market. Tuesday, Samsung poured cold water on the report.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Toshiba's swanky Satellite Radius 12 laptop is brimming with cutting-edge features
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW