Toshiba will launch this month two digital video recorders (DVRs) that combine HD DVD with high-definition hard-disk drive recording.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
The PlayStation 3 (PS3) console has reached 1 million unit sales in PAL regions, including the U.K. and the rest of Europe.
Computers are getting smaller and functions that once required multiple chips will increasingly be combined or move to the processor. But Intel said one component is going to survive these changes: the chipset.
Flash memory stick makers are showing off USB (Universal Serial Bus) drives at Computex that have been certified to work with Windows Vista's ReadyBoot and ReadyBoost functions, which improve boot-up times and the software start-up speeds in PCs.
Some of the first servers based on Advanced Micro Devices's (AMD's) upcoming Barcelona quad-core chip are on display at Computex, but details of the chips are being kept tightly under wraps.
If you're in any doubt that flash memory-based solid-state disks are on a course to quickly replace hard-disk drives in laptop computers, just take a look along the aisles of this year's Computex trade show.
In the race to make ever lighter laptop computers, Toshiba is poised to take the lead in the 12-inch screen class with new models coming from June.
Motherboards that use Intel's 3-series chipsets, codenamed Bearlake, seem to be everywhere at the Computex exhibition -- signalling they will soon find their way to store shelves and hardware makers around the world.
Via Technologies has developed an ultraportable notebook reference design that will soon hit European markets.
One year after the first 750GB hard drive debuted, Western Digital joins Seagate and Hitachi with its own 750GB offering. Western Digital's WD Caviar SE16 750GB Serial ATA hard drive carries a variety of performance specs: performance with 3 Gb/s tra...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA