The PlayStation 3 (PS3) console has reached 1 million unit sales in PAL regions, including the U.K. and the rest of Europe.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Computers are getting smaller and functions that once required multiple chips will increasingly be combined or move to the processor. But Intel said one component is going to survive these changes: the chipset.
Flash memory stick makers are showing off USB (Universal Serial Bus) drives at Computex that have been certified to work with Windows Vista's ReadyBoot and ReadyBoost functions, which improve boot-up times and the software start-up speeds in PCs.
Some of the first servers based on Advanced Micro Devices's (AMD's) upcoming Barcelona quad-core chip are on display at Computex, but details of the chips are being kept tightly under wraps.
If you're in any doubt that flash memory-based solid-state disks are on a course to quickly replace hard-disk drives in laptop computers, just take a look along the aisles of this year's Computex trade show.
In the race to make ever lighter laptop computers, Toshiba is poised to take the lead in the 12-inch screen class with new models coming from June.
Motherboards that use Intel's 3-series chipsets, codenamed Bearlake, seem to be everywhere at the Computex exhibition -- signalling they will soon find their way to store shelves and hardware makers around the world.
Via Technologies has developed an ultraportable notebook reference design that will soon hit European markets.
One year after the first 750GB hard drive debuted, Western Digital joins Seagate and Hitachi with its own 750GB offering. Western Digital's WD Caviar SE16 750GB Serial ATA hard drive carries a variety of performance specs: performance with 3 Gb/s tra...
If the Internet radio with iPod port and laptop PC built for microprocessor overclocking that Asustek Computer Inc. showed off on Monday are any indication of things to come at the Computex Taipei 2007 trade show, then be prepared for a few surprises...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- Do Apple’s financial results mark the end of the golden smartphone era?
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD