The PlayStation 3 (PS3) console has reached 1 million unit sales in PAL regions, including the U.K. and the rest of Europe.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Computers are getting smaller and functions that once required multiple chips will increasingly be combined or move to the processor. But Intel said one component is going to survive these changes: the chipset.
Flash memory stick makers are showing off USB (Universal Serial Bus) drives at Computex that have been certified to work with Windows Vista's ReadyBoot and ReadyBoost functions, which improve boot-up times and the software start-up speeds in PCs.
Some of the first servers based on Advanced Micro Devices's (AMD's) upcoming Barcelona quad-core chip are on display at Computex, but details of the chips are being kept tightly under wraps.
If you're in any doubt that flash memory-based solid-state disks are on a course to quickly replace hard-disk drives in laptop computers, just take a look along the aisles of this year's Computex trade show.
In the race to make ever lighter laptop computers, Toshiba is poised to take the lead in the 12-inch screen class with new models coming from June.
Motherboards that use Intel's 3-series chipsets, codenamed Bearlake, seem to be everywhere at the Computex exhibition -- signalling they will soon find their way to store shelves and hardware makers around the world.
Via Technologies has developed an ultraportable notebook reference design that will soon hit European markets.
One year after the first 750GB hard drive debuted, Western Digital joins Seagate and Hitachi with its own 750GB offering. Western Digital's WD Caviar SE16 750GB Serial ATA hard drive carries a variety of performance specs: performance with 3 Gb/s tra...
If the Internet radio with iPod port and laptop PC built for microprocessor overclocking that Asustek Computer Inc. showed off on Monday are any indication of things to come at the Computex Taipei 2007 trade show, then be prepared for a few surprises...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Toshiba's swanky Satellite Radius 12 laptop is brimming with cutting-edge features
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW