Toshiba will launch this month two digital video recorders (DVRs) that combine HD DVD with high-definition hard-disk drive recording.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
The PlayStation 3 (PS3) console has reached 1 million unit sales in PAL regions, including the U.K. and the rest of Europe.
Computers are getting smaller and functions that once required multiple chips will increasingly be combined or move to the processor. But Intel said one component is going to survive these changes: the chipset.
Flash memory stick makers are showing off USB (Universal Serial Bus) drives at Computex that have been certified to work with Windows Vista's ReadyBoot and ReadyBoost functions, which improve boot-up times and the software start-up speeds in PCs.
Some of the first servers based on Advanced Micro Devices's (AMD's) upcoming Barcelona quad-core chip are on display at Computex, but details of the chips are being kept tightly under wraps.
If you're in any doubt that flash memory-based solid-state disks are on a course to quickly replace hard-disk drives in laptop computers, just take a look along the aisles of this year's Computex trade show.
In the race to make ever lighter laptop computers, Toshiba is poised to take the lead in the 12-inch screen class with new models coming from June.
Motherboards that use Intel's 3-series chipsets, codenamed Bearlake, seem to be everywhere at the Computex exhibition -- signalling they will soon find their way to store shelves and hardware makers around the world.
Via Technologies has developed an ultraportable notebook reference design that will soon hit European markets.
One year after the first 750GB hard drive debuted, Western Digital joins Seagate and Hitachi with its own 750GB offering. Western Digital's WD Caviar SE16 750GB Serial ATA hard drive carries a variety of performance specs: performance with 3 Gb/s tra...
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHRIS ConsultantQLD
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- CCData Analyst - AutoHaulWA
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC