A chipset promising to allow users to send high definition (HD) video wirelessly throughout the home faces hurdles in the market due to competing technology standards, market researcher Gartner said Monday.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Apple got help from the update to its MacBook laptops to push its share of the laptop market up nearly two points in May, to 14.3 percent, a research firm said Friday.
Expensive PCs were supposed be a thing of the past, but Sony has clearly not heard the news. The company has just announced what must be the most expensive non-gaming PC of the year, the US$5,000 RM1N.
Dell is allowing its customers to decline the unwanted software applications loaded on new PCs, after hundreds of users complained about such "bloatware" on a company blog.
A Dell manager on Saturday said his company "blew it" by threatening a blog for posting bargain-hunting tips.
Overclockers waged a battle of ice against fire at Computex in Taipei, pushing the performance limits of Intel's CPUs to 5GHz. The hobbyists, who are becoming an increasingly common sight at IT trade shows, are perfecting the art of pushing processor...
The global chip market is suffering from falling prices in microprocessors and memory chips, bad news for companies but great for users.
Attracted by aggressive prices and the launch of Microsoft's Windows Vista OS, consumers purchased more notebooks during the first quarter than expected, pushing IDC to raise its 2007 PC industry forecast.
Dell will sell a wider variety of television sets made by other manufacturers over its Web site, but denied reports that it plans to stop making LCD (liquid crystal display) TVs.
Toshiba will launch this month two digital video recorders (DVRs) that combine HD DVD with high-definition hard-disk drive recording.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
- Hitachi GST turns to helium to make hard disk drives more efficient
- WD completes $US685m Virident purchase
- WD adds Intel Xeon processing to its Windows-based Sentinel servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW