Apple got help from the update to its MacBook laptops to push its share of the laptop market up nearly two points in May, to 14.3 percent, a research firm said Friday.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Expensive PCs were supposed be a thing of the past, but Sony has clearly not heard the news. The company has just announced what must be the most expensive non-gaming PC of the year, the US$5,000 RM1N.
Dell is allowing its customers to decline the unwanted software applications loaded on new PCs, after hundreds of users complained about such "bloatware" on a company blog.
A Dell manager on Saturday said his company "blew it" by threatening a blog for posting bargain-hunting tips.
Overclockers waged a battle of ice against fire at Computex in Taipei, pushing the performance limits of Intel's CPUs to 5GHz. The hobbyists, who are becoming an increasingly common sight at IT trade shows, are perfecting the art of pushing processor...
The global chip market is suffering from falling prices in microprocessors and memory chips, bad news for companies but great for users.
Attracted by aggressive prices and the launch of Microsoft's Windows Vista OS, consumers purchased more notebooks during the first quarter than expected, pushing IDC to raise its 2007 PC industry forecast.
Dell will sell a wider variety of television sets made by other manufacturers over its Web site, but denied reports that it plans to stop making LCD (liquid crystal display) TVs.
Toshiba will launch this month two digital video recorders (DVRs) that combine HD DVD with high-definition hard-disk drive recording.
The PlayStation 3 (PS3) console has reached 1 million unit sales in PAL regions, including the U.K. and the rest of Europe.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- FTTest Analyst, Finance Software SolutionsNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW