Apple's iPad 2 may be the only dominant player in the tablet market, but it will soon face some strong competition from RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook. We were lucky enough to get some hands-on time with this hotly anticipated device, and we were left ver...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Tablets are hot. At the CTIA tradeshow in Orlando, FL, it seems like everyone and their mother is announcing a tablet.
Apple's iPad 2, unveiled by CEO Steve Jobs in a surprise appearance Wednesday at an invitation-only media event, is thinner, lighter, faster and more full-featured, and incorporates enough changes and updates to maintain Apple's strong sales in the t...
Honeycomb is a whole different beast from the Android we've come to know. While previous versions of Google's mobile operating system were built for smartphones, Honeycomb -- also known as Android 3.0 -- is the first to be designed specifically for t...
All eyes are on the Motorola Xoom tablet, and for good reason: It's the first device in an expected multitude to ship with Google's tablet-optimized Android 3.0 (Honeycomb). The Xoom has a lot of features to like, and a lot to set it apart from the e...
The BlackBerry PlayBook is nearing its final build with fully working tablets on public show at Mobile World Congress and one stand representative going so far as to refer to a PlayBook as "my own". All that's left, we're told, is battery optimisatio...
Kyle Wiens and his team at iFixit, a Web site that provides free repair manuals and advice forums, are some of the smartest Apple geeks around. They've taken apart countless iPhones, Macs and iPads to see what makes them tick-and, of course, to find ...
Microsoft Word is ubiquitous: It's the standard word processor in most places of business, and it often ends up installed on home PCs due to compatibility and familiarity. It isn't the only choice, however. Whether your main concern is price, complex...
Tablet application developers can rejoice now that Google has released its software development kit for Android 3.0, the new edition of the platform designed specifically for tablets.
It may seem like 2010 was the year of the tablet, but the reality is that 2010 was really just the year of the iPad with 15 million units sold and no real competitors for the Apple tablet. However, 2011 will be very different with a diverse variety o...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- Optus switches on 4G in 40 regional areas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW