Driven by strong demand for consumer electronics and PCs, worldwide chip sales increased 6.8 per cent to a record $US227.5 billion in 2005 from $US213.0 billion in 2004, according to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), in San Jose, Californ...
PC World Business
Microsoft has disclosed details of the user interface it is planning for the Internet Explorer 7 browser, including the handling of such long-delayed features as tabs.
A Trojan horse has been sent to e-mail addresses disguised as a message from antivirus software vendor F-Secure in Helsinki, Finland, the company said in a statement.
Mozilla has released a new version of its Firefox browser containing critical security updates. Version 184.108.40.206 of the browser, released Wednesday, also contains a number of "stability" fixes to address problems causing the browser to gum up the perf...
A video game in which players attempt to liberate an oppressed society through the use of graffiti has been recalled by the Federal Government for reclassification.
An independent researcher needed just 15 minutes to find the first bug in the Beta 2 preview release of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 browser.
The world's richest man, Bill Gates, has admitted there is no computer big enough to store the financial history of his wealth.
Three of Japan's largest electronics companies plan to work together on developing advanced semiconductor technology, they said Wednesday.
An "always on" display technology from PortalPlayer that lets users peek inside their notebooks without booting them up will cost manufacturers US$30 to US$40 to add to each machine, the company's president and CEO said this week.
A demonstration of the next release of Novell's Linux for desktops drew cheers and applause Wednesday, although the final version of the software is not expected for some months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
- Hitachi GST turns to helium to make hard disk drives more efficient
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW