Nokia is introducing a GPS (Global Positioning System) module for some if its mid-range handsets that can tag a user's position to within five meters to allow for navigation services, it announced on Friday.
PC World Business
Fraunhofer Institute has developed prototype technology to help curb the sharp rise in online music piracy, which, ironically, has been enabled through another invention of the renowned German research group: MP3 audio compression.
Samsung Electronics Co. plans to begin selling in the third quarter of this year an MMCmicro memory card with 1G byte of storage capacity, it said Thursday.
A Microsoft contest to guess Windows Vista's ship date hints that the product's release date could be Dec. 1, though the company itself is remaining characteristically mum on the topic.
Google is tightening the link between Gmail and Google Talk by allowing users to conduct instant messaging text chat sessions from within the Webmail service's interface.
The open-source Firefox Web browser continues to flirt with the 10 percent market share milestone, but Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) regained lost ground among Internet users last month -- apparently at the expense of Firefox and Apple Computer'...
Driven by strong demand for consumer electronics and PCs, worldwide chip sales increased 6.8 per cent to a record $US227.5 billion in 2005 from $US213.0 billion in 2004, according to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), in San Jose, Californ...
Microsoft has disclosed details of the user interface it is planning for the Internet Explorer 7 browser, including the handling of such long-delayed features as tabs.
A Trojan horse has been sent to e-mail addresses disguised as a message from antivirus software vendor F-Secure in Helsinki, Finland, the company said in a statement.
Mozilla has released a new version of its Firefox browser containing critical security updates. Version 18.104.22.168 of the browser, released Wednesday, also contains a number of "stability" fixes to address problems causing the browser to gum up the perf...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
- Facebook says yes, your posts can be used for ads
- ATM malware may spread from Mexico to English-speaking world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW