Driven by strong demand for consumer electronics and PCs, worldwide chip sales increased 6.8 per cent to a record $US227.5 billion in 2005 from $US213.0 billion in 2004, according to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), in San Jose, Californ...
PC World Business
Microsoft has disclosed details of the user interface it is planning for the Internet Explorer 7 browser, including the handling of such long-delayed features as tabs.
A Trojan horse has been sent to e-mail addresses disguised as a message from antivirus software vendor F-Secure in Helsinki, Finland, the company said in a statement.
Mozilla has released a new version of its Firefox browser containing critical security updates. Version 18.104.22.168 of the browser, released Wednesday, also contains a number of "stability" fixes to address problems causing the browser to gum up the perf...
A video game in which players attempt to liberate an oppressed society through the use of graffiti has been recalled by the Federal Government for reclassification.
An independent researcher needed just 15 minutes to find the first bug in the Beta 2 preview release of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 browser.
The world's richest man, Bill Gates, has admitted there is no computer big enough to store the financial history of his wealth.
Three of Japan's largest electronics companies plan to work together on developing advanced semiconductor technology, they said Wednesday.
An "always on" display technology from PortalPlayer that lets users peek inside their notebooks without booting them up will cost manufacturers US$30 to US$40 to add to each machine, the company's president and CEO said this week.
A demonstration of the next release of Novell's Linux for desktops drew cheers and applause Wednesday, although the final version of the software is not expected for some months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Toshiba's swanky Satellite Radius 12 laptop is brimming with cutting-edge features
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
- Dell's Chromebook 11 breaks reliance on Google's cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW