Some consumers are being taken for a ride when looking to recover lost data, a path that can easily be avoided, claims one supplier of data recovery services.
PC World Business
The delay in Windows Vista will affect the next version of Office, too. Microsoft said last week it will put off the consumer release of Office 2007 so it is in line with the new release schedule for Vista.
Microsoft is designing a new handheld gaming device that can also play music and video in a potential challenge to market leaders Sony, Nintendo and Apple, according to published reports.
Japan's Sanyo Electric Co. and Taiwan's Quanta Computer have reached a basic agreement to form a joint venture to make and sell flat-panel TVs.
Launch timing for the HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc optical disc formats became clearer on Friday with the disclosure by two companies of their initial sales plans.
Motorola is making life a little easier for Chinese executives. The company's latest smart phone, the Ming, packs a 2-megapixel camera that doubles as a business card scanner.
Sony Computer Entertainment Wednesday outlined new software and hardware features that it plans to add to its PlayStation Portable (PSP) during 2005.
Sharp remained the world's top maker of LCD TVs in the fourth quarter last year, according to a new report by market research company iSuppli, contradicting an earlier study.
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) will launch its next generation PlayStation 3 console in November this year, according to its president, Ken Kutaragi.
Oki Electric Industry Co. said on Wednesday that in an experiment, the company pushed 160Gb of data in a second over fiber across a distance of 635 kilometers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
- Hitachi GST turns to helium to make hard disk drives more efficient
- WD completes $US685m Virident purchase
- WD adds Intel Xeon processing to its Windows-based Sentinel servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT