Sega Holdings U.S.A. will acquire U.S. game developer Secret Level for an undisclosed amount, Sega announced Monday.
PC World Business
IBM and a small Silicon Valley start-up have developed a new, energy-efficient microprocessor aimed at users who want streaming live, high definition video on mobile devices, the companies said Monday.
Samsung Electronics has begun mass-producing 1G-bit flash memory chips using a more advanced manufacturing process, the company said Tuesday, helping to fuel the rapid growth in flash memory use for gadgets like digital cameras and MP3 players.
NTL's bid for British mobile phone company Virgin Mobile Holdings (UK) PLC has won the approval of Virgin Mobile's board, the companies announced Tuesday. The cash-and-stock offer values Virgin Mobile at £962 million (US$1.67 billion), NTL said.
Mobile phones built in 2007 could store twice as many photos as they do now with a super-dense NOR flash memory chip from Intel.
The mobile gaming market continues to consolidate, with Glu Mobile announcing that it bought the U.K.'s iFone for an undisclosed sum.
Microsoft is working with partners to come up with a directory of add-on applications for Office Live that will be ready when the full version of the service goes live later this year.
Firefox, the free open-source Web browser from Mozilla.org, quietly gained enough users in March to finally grab 10 percent of the Web browser market, according to a report released Monday by Web audience measurement firm Net Applications.
The growing number of zero-day exploits seeking to take advantage of unpatched security flaws in Microsoft's products is exposing some of the limitations of the company's monthly software update schedule, IT managers and analysts said last week.
The trademark battle between Apple Computer and The Beatles' record label will likely be in a judge's hands on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 2 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 4 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 5 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- MIT unifies Web development in a single, speedy new language
- Google, Microsoft, Sony make 'The Interview' available online
- Experts: FCC will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015
- Romanian version of EU cybersecurity directive allows warrantless access to data
- Rackspace DNS recovers after DDoS brings system down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.