Photo Imaging World kicks off in Sydney on Friday with some vendors showcasing their latest digital camera wares, while others will not be showing at all.
PC World Business
Seagate announced Wednesday that it is shipping its 750-gigabyte Barracuda 7200.10 drive. This drive represents an increase in capacity of 50 percent over the previous industry maximum of 500GB and is the first 3.5-inch internal drive in the industry...
The quality of the picture on desktop monitors, laptop screens, LCD TVs and dozens of consumer electronic devices is set to improve drastically with new backlighting technology that creates far more vibrant colours, brighter screens and sharper image...
Matsushita Electric Industrial (Panasonic) will sell a flat-panel TV with a 103-inch screen by the end of the year, the company said.
Sony will use the "Alpha" brand name for its new range of digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras that are due to launch from the middle of this year.
A string of new LCD factories being built, combined with slow demand for notebook and desktop PC screens, caused LCD prices to fall during the first three months of the year, and the downward trend is expected to continue, vendors and analysts said.
Opera Software released the first public beta of Opera 9 on Thursday, giving users the go ahead to put its new Web browser through its paces.
Samsung Electronics said on Wednesday it has developed a tiny, 2G-byte memory card for use in mobile phones, just three months after it announced a card with half of that capacity.
Fujitsu Computer Systems announced four new notebook PCs on Tuesday, all powered by chips from Intel and all designed for business users.
Dutch electronics giant Koninklijke Philips Electronics and New Venture Partners have formed a new company, Liquavista, to commercialize electrowetting display technology, the companies said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 2 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 3 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 4 Apple Watch review: saving time
- 5 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus switches on 4G in 40 regional areas
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo for $US2.91 billion
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.