Seagate plans to increase disk capacity by a factor of ten with new technology it has just patented, meaning your computer hard drive could soon be storing as much as a terabyte.
PC World Business
Primus has sparked an interest in the residential wireless and mobility market, with its new WirelessHome plan launched today.
Yahoo and MSN Messenger instant messaging users will have to wait a bit longer for the promised interoperability between the two services.
Over the next 18 months, Hewlett-Packard Co. will place increasing importance on product design as a way to gain more market share and to substantially cut product development and support costs.
The online photo-sharing Web site Shutterfly announced Thursday that it plans to raise funds through an initial public offering (IPO) of company stock.
Microsoft wants to expand its relationships with telecommunications operators as part of a plan to win more consumer business by bundling software and other products with telecom services, according to a company executive.
Toshiba will launch the first HD DVD recorder next month in Japan, it said Thursday.
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. (Panasonic) will launch its first digital SLR (single lens reflex) camera next month in Japan, with other regions to follow soon after, the company said Wednesday.
Users looking for a new PC might want to wait for a round of price cuts that are expected soon from Intel, the world's largest maker of microprocessors.
Samsung Electronics Co. has taken the wraps off the third in its series of thin-body "Ultra" cell phone handsets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
- Hitachi GST turns to helium to make hard disk drives more efficient
- WD completes $US685m Virident purchase
- WD adds Intel Xeon processing to its Windows-based Sentinel servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC