Fifty lucky residents in the Victorian alpine town of Mt Beauty will get access to free broadband as part of a trial by SP AusNet to test the viability of delivering Internet over power lines.
PC World Business
If its performance during a demonstration last week at Microsoft's annual Financial Analyst Meeting (FAM) is any indication, a voice-recognition feature in Windows Vista is not quite ready for prime time.
Video podcast support is coming to the PlayStation Portable (PSP) thanks to a firmware update Sony Computer Entertainment published on Thursday.
Apple Computer's iTunes Music Store added six new shows from Warner Bros. Entertainment, including the first season of the hit show "Friends" and sci-fi series "Babylon 5."
Intel is planning to launch its "Conroe" chip for desktops this week, triggering a cascade of steep price cuts in the chip market and a raft of new PC designs.
Samsung Electronics has developed a flash memory-based drive that will help users take advantage of features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows Vista operating system to increase performance of their computers.
High definition (HD) optical disk drives will probably be integrated into Lenovo notebook lines some time in 2007, claims Lenovo's Arimasa Naitoh, the man responsible for the development of the ThinkPad and Lenovo notebooks.
Apple Computer has developed a wireless version of its Mighty Mouse, according to a U.S. regulatory filing.
Yahoo has now signed up the two biggest handset manufacturers to load its Yahoo Go for Mobile services on their phones, after an announcement with Motorola.
Microsoft confirmed it will ship competitive offerings to Apple Computer's tremendously successful iPod and iTunes digital music products sometime this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Toshiba's swanky Satellite Radius 12 laptop is brimming with cutting-edge features
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW