Faulty batteries produced by Sony like those that caused Dell to initiate a huge recall this week could be present in laptops from other companies and other portable electronics products.
PC World Business
Electronics maker Philips is selling cordless telephones that can make Internet-based voice calls using either Windows Live Messenger, or Skype, as well as utilising the existing public switched telephone network.
Australian and New Zealand residents are the first in the world to be able sign up for Gmail without having to scrounge for invites from existing users.
Researchers say that small devices called "JitterBugs" could piggyback onto network connections to discreetly send passwords and other sensitive data over the Internet.
Sony Electronics has unveiled a wireless-enabled device aimed primarily at people who like to send text messages and make free calls over the Internet.
Pioneer is planning a new plasma display panel (PDP) factory in Japan.
A partnership between Optus and Hewlett-Packard (HP) will provide home, small and medium business users with broadband-enabled notebooks.
Microsoft has filed a patent-infringement complaint with the International Trade Commission (ITC) against Belkin for importing products the software company claims infringes on a patent it holds for peripheral device technology.
Fifty lucky residents in the Victorian alpine town of Mt Beauty will get access to free broadband as part of a trial by SP AusNet to test the viability of delivering Internet over power lines.
If its performance during a demonstration last week at Microsoft's annual Financial Analyst Meeting (FAM) is any indication, a voice-recognition feature in Windows Vista is not quite ready for prime time.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Hands-on: Microsoft Teams brings the best and worst of Office to team-building
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- White House: A.I. will be critical driver of U.S. economy
- Google rebrands cloud services 'Google Cloud' and 'G Suite'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW